Mackeeper

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2015

MacKeeper ads pop up constantly. I can't get rid of them.  I tried blocking cookies in security and privacy. No luck.

Suggestions?  Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

I use AdBlock, Ghostery, DoNotTrackMe, and Disconnect for that sort of thing. Don’t know if any are redundant; don’t care.

I use Get Off My Lawn for social networking blocking, but that’s a different story. :p

• Reply 2 of 6
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Are these free to use?

• Reply 3 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Are these free to use?

Oh, certainly. They’re just extensions. You can find them on Apple’s extension page.

• Reply 4 of 6
    d4njvrzfd4njvrzf Posts: 797member

If you don't mind poking under the hood of your system, you can edit your /etc/hosts file to block known advertising domains. I prefer this method to using browser-specific extensions since it works at the system level and does not depend on what browser I am using. For references, see http://lifehacker.com/5817447/how-to-block-unwanted-ads-in-all-applications-and-speed-up-web-browsing-with-the-hosts-file.

• Reply 5 of 6

Hi,

I have been faced same issue regarding ad blocks, i have searched for this at last week. At my all google searches i got the solution for blocking the ads i hope you to follow this from here. Thanks alot