Mac mini has streaks

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited May 2014
Hi; My Mac Mini turns on with streaks, vertical and horizontal. What could be wrong? Opened it up and it worked okay for a while, then streaks again. Touched top right hand side about one inch towards the front from
the on button, and it is now working again? Any ideas? Thanks. mr dibs;

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Oh, the display? Check whatever connection you’re using for loose cables or wonky adapters. If that’s all tight, try another monitor to see if the monitor isn’t the problem. If that doesn’t work, take a screenshot (Command+Shift+3) and upload the image here to us. If we see that there are artifacts in the image itself, the problem would be with the GPU in the Mac Mini.

• Reply 2 of 5
    mrdibsmrdibs Posts: 3member
    Hi; Thank you for your comments. connections good. Monitor good. Right now I am writing this on my computer while the background has these streaks, not moving. All because I pressed the top of the mini at the position mentioned. ( Near the "ON" button? When I get the screenshot which I presume is command, shift,3 all at the same time, how do I upload it? Just attach it to an email? thanks again for your help. mr. dibs.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

This could be your monitor acting up not the mini.Friend had the same problem and it was the monitor replaced the monitor and the problem gone.

• Reply 4 of 5
    mrdibsmrdibs Posts: 3member
    Hi; Thanks for input but I took it to Apple store, and checked on their monitor. Still streaking. My pressing on different segments of the top of the computer gives me a stable screen or not. Sometimes different sections of the top. Right now I am using the computer because this section is clean while background sections are streaky but not moving. So, any more comments? Would be appreciated. Thanks. mr. dibs.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    delete me