Which free email (not Mac.com) is the best?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
GRRR ignore this reply :o

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: psantora ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I use hotmail b/c I want gates to pay for all my spam!

any "better" alternatives?
  • Reply 2 of 16
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    Have you tried <a href="http://www.onebox.com/"; target="_blank">OneBox</a>? Free voicemail, email and fax.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    eskimoeskimo Posts: 474member
    myrealbox.com is pretty sweet. Gives you a SMTP and IMAP email service you can use from the comfort of your own email program, Outlook for me. Gives you 10MB of space.

It's actually a service of Novell (anyone remember Novell?)
  • Reply 4 of 16
    ...maybe you'll like <a href="http://mail.yahoo.com."; target="_blank">http://mail.yahoo.com.</a>; (Besides the email, <a href="http://my.yahoo.com"; target="_blank">http://my.yahoo.com</a>; and other services comes very handy).

As for junk email, it is very-very little compared to hotmail (with spam, I would have to say one junky for every ten emails).

Hope you will like it.
  • Reply 5 of 16

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: eXistenZ ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 16
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    iloveapple.com is pretty cool.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Sadly, Yahoo Mail will be changing soon. They plan to start charging for spam filtering and worst of all, they will soon require you to use their own SMTP servers for sending email. Many if not most ISP's require you to use their own SMTP servers which means you will no longer be able to access your Yahoo account with any email client.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Hotmail. Just gotta remember to keep dumping the spam into the can...
  • Reply 9 of 16
    I heard that the postal office is trying to get a bill that if passed will tax emails a couple cents per email. Since email has GREATLY cut down on the amount of snail mail, the post office is losing profits quickly.

I for one am 100% against this, there is NO good thing about it, on any given day I send 5-10 emails sometimes more, and I know ALOT of people that do likewise

at any rate I feel really sick from eating to many chewy chips ahoy

but I got the new cornelius album!

so its all good
  • Reply 10 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>Sadly, Yahoo Mail will be changing soon. They plan to start charging for spam filtering and worst of all, they will soon require you to use their own SMTP servers for sending email. Many if not most ISP's require you to use their own SMTP servers which means you will no longer be able to access your Yahoo account with any email client.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The changes you are talking about took effect on the 15 of January. I can still view my email with Outlook and others apps.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    According to the research I did (by searching for "email tax" at google.com) the supposed email tax you mentioned is an email hoax.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wrong Robot:

[QB]I heard that the postal office is trying to get a bill that if passed will tax emails a couple cents per email. Since email has GREATLY cut down on the amount of snail mail, the post office is losing profits quickly.

I for one am 100% against this, there is NO good thing about it, on any given day I send 5-10 emails sometimes more, and I know ALOT of people that do likewise...
  • Reply 12 of 16
    According to the research I did (by searching for "email tax" at google.com) the supposed email tax you mentioned is an email hoax.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wrong Robot:

[QB]I heard that the postal office is trying to get a bill that if passed will tax emails a couple cents per email. Since email has GREATLY cut down on the amount of snail mail, the post office is losing profits quickly.

I for one am 100% against this, there is NO good thing about it, on any given day I send 5-10 emails sometimes more, and I know ALOT of people that do likewise...
  • Reply 13 of 16
    solishusolishu Posts: 124member
    Another vote for MyRealBox. I've been using them for about 9 months now and they've been great.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by /mandolux/:

<strong>

The changes you are talking about took effect on the 15 of January. I can still view my email with Outlook and others apps.</strong><hr></blockquote>

They were supposed to take place on the 15th but nothing was changed. Maybe they got too many complaints about the SMTP server issue.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>

They were supposed to take place on the 15th but nothing was changed. Maybe they got too many complaints about the SMTP server issue.</strong><hr></blockquote>

• Reply 16 of 16
    ...I forgot to mention the following:

When I use IE to login into my email and if I run Outlook, the login session with IE experies (meaning I cannot login into my account with IE).

The above does not happen with Netscape. I can use Outlook and access my email with Netscape at the same time. I can't with IE.