Your Favorites

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What is your favorite computer(that you currently own, or did own)?

Mine is my G4 Cube/450mhz/384mb

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Today i own a g4 466/ 640mb ram/ 90 gb

My favorite computer must be our old performa 603
  • Reply 2 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    My favorite computer is definately my 500MHz iBook. My old iMac and very old Performa were cool, but nothing like this.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I don't know...I like my G4 a lot, but it crashes, it's kind of pokey, and I'm still pissed about the expandability of a so-called "pro" machine. But I'm glad I got it instead of say, an iMac. And it's a helluva lot better than my Dad's Wallstreet...man, that thing sucks! It will chug for about 10 minutes before it crashes, freezes, randomly deletes some files, wipes the system folder, etc.

My favorite is probably the Macintosh IIsi. I used to use it in 1994 or so for occasional schoolwork and I shared it with my sister for occassional bouts of SimCity 2000 and Hellcats Over the Pacific. We donated it a long time ago, but about a year ago I picked one up from the town dump in great condition...unfortunately, I have no monitor for it. But it's fun to open it up, take it completely apart, and then put it back together. It was really well designed and built like a tank.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    My G4 Cube 450 MHz, 192 MB Ram. I also have a 19 inch CRT NEC monitor. I love it.

The G4 imac's screen will take a little getting used to.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    My favorites were my old Newton and Powerbook G3. Both of which are no longer mine because I don't work at my old company anymore
  • Reply 6 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Powerbook G4/667- favorite

Performa 6360

PowerMac G4/400 AGP

PowerMac 9500 180/MP- pretty damn cool/fast

and the eMates are in a league of their own
  • Reply 7 of 7
    spotbugspotbug Posts: 361member
    Macs I've had:

Original non-Fat, 128K Mac (mine)

IIsi (mine)

Quadra 700 (work)

Quadra 950 (work)

8100/80 (work)

PB 1400c/166 (mine/work)

Blue and White G3/350 (mine/work)

White G5/1600 (oops, getting ahead of myself)

Factoring in the fact that, of course, the latest model is always the fastest, most modern and so has an unfair advantage over the others, I choose the PB 1400c/166 as my favorite. Probably the portability and smallitude is what did it.