MPB issues BEFORE tea spill!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited May 2014

Hello!

I have my MacBook Pro for over a year now and I’m experiencing a bunch of sporadic issues:

• it get's hot and then won't turn off

• it takes sometimes veeeery long to wake up

• the display flickers on some grey backgrounds

• charger won't charge the MBP and sometimes activates MBP when sleeping

• I hear a weird noise when moving the cursor

• the screen blinks and goes to sleep after reactivating it from screensaver

• it totally crashes when scrolling larger images

• the fan makes noises as if there is friction on an object or loose hanging cable when MBP is hold in a certain position

Again: most of these issues are SPORADIC and don’t occur often or only under certain circumstances (like the issue with the fan).

I went to the Apple Store two times already and had them write those issues down (so I could take that paper when I bring the MBP in for repair), but I couldn’t let them have the MBP right then, because it would take them up to a week to repair and I need the machine for work every day. I had planned to bring it in soon, when I go on vacation.

But then something happened: A week ago I spilled tea into the keyboard of my MacBook Pro. I let the MBP dry for two days and now it runs just like before (with the same issues of course).

However, I’m concerned now, that when I bring it in, they won’t repair it anymore and just say the issues are due to the tea spill. I mean how could I ever prove that the spill happened after I brought the MBP in two times?!

Do you guys have any advice on how to handle this situation or any experience to share?

Thanks!