Dell's report card

sebseb
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
As ZDNet sees it:

<a href="http://news.com.com/html/ne/vs/2022-1120-808670.html"; target="_blank">http://news.com.com/html/ne/vs/2022-1120-808670.html</a>;

I can't help but feel as though I may as well be reading an MTV website talking about how cool, great, succesful and visionary NSYNC is because they sell so many records.

Wow, the Macarena must have been one of the best songs ever. I think its (the macarena) got the record for most sales!

Are Dells the Macarena of the computer industry?

Deli: The anti-technology company.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    [quote] He did not join the rush to make handheld devices. <hr></blockquote>

And who did? Palm and other similar companies only make PDA's. Does that mean they are rushing?

[quote] He did not open stores as Gateway and Apple Computer did. <hr></blockquote>

What's wrong with opening stores?

Sure did help Apple with their sales etc.

Well, we cant deny that sales are good for Dell, but I dont see anything special about that company, they assemble computers.. w00t!?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    eskimoeskimo Posts: 474member
    [quote]Originally posted by fobie:

<strong>

And who did? Palm and other similar companies only make PDA's. Does that mean they are rushing?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

They are talking about Compaq, HP, Toshiba, NEC and the other PC manufacturers who product their own versions of PocketPC handheld PCs.

[quote]

What's wrong with opening stores?

Sure did help Apple with their sales etc.

<hr></blockquote>

An overzealous expansion with retail stores by Gateway is viewed as one of the reasons they have hit upon such hard time as of recently.

In otherwords the article was not comparing Dell to Apple but rather to other PC OEMs since Dell is a PC manufacturer and Apple is not usually considered as such.