Apple rolls out iAd Producer 4.2 with full-screen iPhone banner ads, bug fixes

Posted:
in General Discussion edited May 2014
Apple on Thursday issued an update to its iAd Producer tool, bringing support for the creation of full-screen banner ads for iPhone and the ability to upload Producer projects to iAd workbench, among other minor improvements.

iAd

In addition to full-screen iPhone banner ads, iAd Producer version 4.2 includes support for uploading existing iAd Producer projects to the iAd Workbench, folder reorganization in the Assets sidebar and the usual bug fixes and performance improvements.

The latest update comes nearly two months after Apple expanded Workbench access to include anyone with an Apple ID. Previously, the mobile ad creation tool was restricted to registered developers.

Thursday's minor update looks to be another small step toward wooing a more diverse set of advertisers to the iOS-only platform, which now deals in streaming music spots. In December, Apple reshuffled its iAd team to cover advertisements for iTunes Radio, which included the hiring of former radio executive Michael Pallad.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I could envision iBooks Author and iAd becoming one tool that would allow easier authoring of apps for beginners and intermediate designers and programmers. HyperCard for iOS in a sense. I know there are a few 3rd-party apps that sort of meet this but an Apple tool would be welcomed by me.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    radster360radster360 Posts: 546member
    ...HyperCard....
    It has been ages since I have heard that name!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Great- more ads to pollute apps I had to pay for.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    "Full screen banner"? What the ruck is that? A banner is something that sits atop, no? How can it then be full screen?

radster360 wrote: »
    ...HyperCard....
    It has been ages since I have heard that name!

Really? The whole Internet was build on that. I come across that name a few times a month I think.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

"Full screen banner"? What the ruck is that? A banner is something that sits atop, no? How can it then be full screen?

I think it's one of those ads that pop up and take the whole screen with a little "x" on the top corner.

Android apps are littered with these pesky things.

• Reply 6 of 6
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    cali wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »

I think it's one of those ads that pop up and take the whole screen with a little "x" on the top corner.

Android apps are littered with these pesky things.

Ah, ok, I've seen that before. To me, with English not being my native language, it reads weird; I thought a banner was a small horizontal line on top of something, a web page, an ad, but after looking it up on Wikipedia (I know) my view on it was wrong. Tnx.