Yosemite BETA 2 - cant boot up

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited June 2014
Hello !

After i downloaded and updated my mac to beta 2(imac 27" late 2013) and after the restart it freezed. U w8ed 10 mins and I turned it off.

Now i cant boot it up.

Its loading slownly to half and freezes and I got a cross logo. I tired safe mode but nothing.

I really need this today , so please if u ve any idea , comment.

Check the attached pic !

Thanks !!!! :/// 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

So you’ve asked on Apple’s developer forums, yes?

after the restart it freezed

How do you know?

• Reply 2 of 8
    sungmsungm Posts: 6member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So you’ve asked on Apple’s developer forums, yes?

How do you know?

What? after the update installs itself it did a restart and didnt come back. just the white screen.

• Reply 3 of 8
    Originally Posted by SunGm View Post

after the update installs itself it did a restart and didnt come back. just the white screen.

How long did you wait?

• Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

How long did you wait?

about 15-20 mins. I did the same update on my rmbp , it took only 1-2 mins without any freeze.

• Reply 5 of 8

Well, I’d restore from your last backup and try again. Heck, it might have installed correctly enough that you could boot off the recovery partition, but a clean backup restore is probably better.

• Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Well, I’d restore from your last backup and try again. Heck, it might have installed correctly enough that you could boot off the recovery partition, but a clean backup restore is probably better.

Can u help me how can I boot of the recovery partition ? Cuz i ve never had problems with betas so i didnt make any backup… (yeah , im an idiot :/ ) and i 'd lost a lot of things...

• Reply 7 of 8
    Originally Posted by SunGm View Post

Can u help me how can I boot of the recovery partition ? Cuz i ve never had problems with betas so i didnt make any backup… (yeah , im an idiot :/ ) and i 'd lost a lot of things...

Well then.

Shut ‘er down and start ‘er up again. Hold Option after the boot chime until you see your cursor and eventually you’ll see Macintosh HD and “Recovery 10.10” (or 10.9 if Yosemite didn’t work). Boot to that and do this.

• Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Well then.

Shut ‘er down and start ‘er up again. Hold Option after the boot chime until you see your cursor and eventually you’ll see Macintosh HD and “Recovery 10.10” (or 10.9 if Yosemite didn’t work). Boot to that and do this.

Thank You SOOO much , i got it work ! :) U saved my life ! Now im doing a backup !!