Bad experience in the apple store!!!!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2014

I went to the store I bought Macbook Pro and they said I would need an a appointment but had nothing for three days. They said I could get an appointment at a store 70 miles away I got the appointment and went there they did the same tests I did and the battery was bad but I had to wait three days for delivery, so went to a local apple approved store and they said it was not covered by the warranty and I had to pay $1000 dollars. I found a local apple after market supplier and he said $225 dollars.

Right now I want to smash the MACBOOK Pro and never deal with apple or there employees ever again!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Originally Posted by dongolbeck View Post

Right now I want to smash the MACBOOK Pro and never deal with apple or there employees ever again!!!!!

Good for you. Enough FUD, please.

If you’re paying, it means your battery is out of warranty (separate from your computer). That’s how things work. Any company is going to do this.

• Reply 2 of 5

Bull apple is not right I got the computer fixed for $134 not a thousand dollars. The x apple employee said it standard fair for apple to make a bunch of stories. The last time my company or any of my people will deal with APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply 3 of 5

...I got the computer fixed for $134 not a thousand dollars.

There you go. See? Problem solved.

The last time my company or any of my people will deal with APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yeah, sure. Enjoy that FUD.

• Reply 4 of 5

Your smug attitude and total lack of caring is typical to Apple entire demeanor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Reply 5 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Your smug attitude and total lack of caring is typical to Apple entire demeanor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I don’t understand your problem. Apple is incredibly popular and employs a limited number of people in a limited amount of store space. If the soonest troubleshooting appointment that could be made was three days out, then that’s representative of the aforementioned popularity.

Apple batteries have a warranty separate from the computer in which they reside. If it is defective in a way caused by construction or assembly, you receive a free battery. If it holds less than 70% of its initial charge in under 300 cycles, you receive a free battery. Anything else is not covered by the warranty. Every computer company does this.

Apple has a flat repair fee for most problems. As you told us nothing about your actual problem, we can’t judge whether the pricing you were quoted was accurate. We can also only assume that you went through every available channel (asking managers, bosses, etc.) in finding the best price.

Additionally, you have also solved the problem in a way cheaper than you were quoted. Assuming the above happened as we assume, what’s left as an issue? You had a bad experience with a single employee but got it resolved. No big deal.

Zero reason to start throwing FUD around about how you’ll “never buy from them again”.