Photos of supposed fully assembled 'iPhone 6' chassis surface

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 2014
Amid the deluge of parts leaks and rumors surrounding the upcoming "iPhone 6," a set of photos on Tuesday mates purportedly leaked rear case and display components in what could be the first look at Apple's next handset.

While the pictures from Russian iPhone retailer Feld & Volk don't show an operating iPhone 6 with working circuitry, they do offer a glimpse at what might be Apple's next handset if past rumors and leaks turn out to be true.

As seen in the image above, posted to the firm's Instagram page and subsequently picked up by MacRumors, the setup is a combination of two supposedly leaked parts that have been making their way around the Web over the past few months.

The rear shell was first seen in May and features rounded edges, redesigned speaker grille and side-mounted sleep/wake button for easy handling. A more complete version with anchors for circuit boards and inlaid radio-transparent Apple logo showed up in late July.

As for the top screen portion, some of the first supposed photos came out in April. It is unknown if today's photos include an assembled display complete with screen, like a version posted to the Web earlier this month, nor is it clear if the Touch ID home button is the same part leaked last month.

Apple is expected to reveal its next-generation iPhone lineup on Sept. 9, with many industry watchers anticipating 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch versions of the handset. Along with the redesign, the next iPhone will likely feature an A8 processor, enhanced camera and iOS 8.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 83
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

At least no more “Why does only one speaker work on my iPhone this is horrible Apple is evil they sold me a broken phone” nonsense.

Too old a reference? :p

• Reply 2 of 83
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    A little bit slow, huh? I posted these pictures in other threat.
  • Reply 3 of 83
    Nothing wrong with it, but pretty damn plain. Apple simple? Yes. Elegant like a 5S? No.
  • Reply 4 of 83

Black band on one picture and white band in the other?

• Reply 6 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post

Nothing wrong with it, but pretty damn plain. Apple simple? Yes. Elegant like a 5S? No.

5S is more elegant than...5 or 4/4S...oh, they look the same :). Honestly, I like this design with round edge. I have problem picking my iPhone 5/5S up from the table and I have small fingers...seriously.

• Reply 7 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Looks like a Goophone.

Goophone is copycat...Should we compare an original to a copy?

• Reply 8 of 83
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    Goophone is copycat...Should we compare an original to a copy?
    How do we know these parts aren't Chinese knockoffs? It's clearly not a final Apple product. Looks rough with scratches. Fit and finish is just not there.
  • Reply 9 of 83
    Quote:

How do we know these parts aren't Chinese knockoffs? It's clearly not a final Apple product. Looks rough with scratches. Fit and finish is just not there.

That's why it got QC rejected because of the scratches. I haven't seen Chinese knocked off curved edge screen yet. Have you? 

• Reply 10 of 83
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Why is the Touch ID not a metallic color?

• Reply 11 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Why is the Touch ID not a metallic color?

You meant the ring like in 5S because the Touch ID has never been in metallic color.

• Reply 12 of 83

Something fishy with the second photo. Underneath the audio jack the metal of the case is sort of wavy and there is a silver line that just stops under the speaker. Even the shadow is wavy.

• Reply 13 of 83
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

That Russian site seems to be a site that modifies and sells iPhones. Why would they have an original iPhone 6? Maybe it's something that they came up with themselves.

Feld & Volk is a association, consisting of artists and engineers,

who create unique devices developed on the basis of iPhone and iPad.

They even sell a real gold iPhone 5s, with 35 grams of gold. And they have a wood iPhone too.

• Reply 14 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Something fishy with the second photo. Underneath the audio jack the metal of the case is sort of wavy and there is a silver line that just stops under the speaker. Even the shadow is wavy.

Let's look at another one:

Some sht broken underneath. Maybe a chinese knockoff. Maybe not, the fking antenna band was peeled off leaving the gap between the back piece and the frame. Damn, that's a wide gap.

• Reply 15 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

You meant the ring like in 5S because the Touch ID has never been in metallic color.

You are right. Touch ID couldn't possibly be metallic since it is the feature name for the complete digital fingerprint security system. Of course I meant the ring. Sheeh...

• Reply 16 of 83
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    That's why it got QC rejected because of the scratches. I haven't seen Chinese knocked off curved edge screen yet. Have you? 
    The bezel on silver iPhones is white not black. Does this mean white is reserved for gold phone only (assuming Apple is keeping gold)? Also it seems odd that a sliver phone with white antenna bands would sport a display with black bezels. Unless the white antenna bands haven't been colored black yet? Or these are two parts for different phones that Feld & Volk just smashed together? I'm a bit skeptical that Apple would be paring silver and black when the 5 and 5s were silver and white.
  • Reply 17 of 83
    No way.
  • Reply 18 of 83
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    Ya these pictures are pretty weird. I like the squared off look on the iPhone 4-5S. So much cleaner looking. Once it is rounded, it looks more like plastic, like the iPhone 5C and all the android phones.
  • Reply 19 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

That Russian site seems to be a site that modifies and sells iPhones. Why would they have an original iPhone 6? Maybe it's something that they came up with themselves.

Feld & Volk is a association, consisting of artists and engineers,

who create unique devices developed on the basis of iPhone and iPad.

They even sell a real gold iPhone 5s, with 35 grams of gold. And they have a wood iPhone too.

Quote:

The bezel on silver iPhones is white not black. Does this mean white is reserved for gold phone only (assuming Apple is keeping gold)? Also it seems odd that a sliver phone with white antenna bands would sport a display with black bezels. Unless the white antenna bands haven't been colored black yet? Or these are two parts for different phones that Feld & Volk just smashed together? I'm a bit skeptical that Apple would be paring silver and black when the 5 and 5s were silver and white.

Screen and the back are probably from separate parts. they just put them together for the fitting. I would say Apple will stay with the same color scheme: Black/Slate or Space Grey, White/Silver or Gold. Antenna band is a tricky one: white band on silver is uglier than black on Slate.

• Reply 20 of 83
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    Looks like a redesigned iPhone 3GS.