What does the Apple Store do with it current inventory when the new merchandise come on the 19th?

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2014

I ask several Apple associates during this week at two locations.  All of them would not tell me what happens to the store inventory.   I followed up and asked if there was a one day discount given to clear the merchandise.  They said that they don't know and even if they did; they are not allow to disclose it to the general public!    ???????? 

Can anyone know what takes place with the current iPhones/iPads/Macs - (do they get ship back to Apple warehouse or off to some third part wholesaler) when the new stuff comes in?  Does Apple have an one discount on there current merchandise before they ship it out?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

All of them would not tell me what happens to the store inventory.

Some is kept at the store for replacements and such, the rest is sent back to Apple to be applied to the Clearance part of the online store.

I figure. I don’t actually know, but that sounds reasonable, doesn’t it? Check here in the days following a keynote for brand new models of whatever just got replaced.

• Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Some is kept at the store for replacements and such, the rest is sent back to Apple to be applied to the Clearance part of the online store.

I figure. I don’t actually know, but that sounds reasonable, doesn’t it? Check here in the days following a keynote for brand new models of whatever just got replaced.

Hi Tallest Ski,

I might go for an iPhone 5S again!  Especially, if they discount it $250 or more!  I really like the iPhone 5S Space Grey that I sold at no lost either.  But this could all change if the iPhone 6 has the back cover colored in at the top and bottom so it does not show the antenna separators.  I decided to wait to see how the iPhone 6 appears both sizes at the Apple store.  I deceide to buy an unlocked model so it will be in November/December before I am able to!  Just the way it goes with the Unlocked models.  LOL!  Got to suffer and watch everyone buy their two year contract models. 

• Reply 3 of 4
    Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post
    But this could all change if the iPhone 6 has the back cover colored in at the top and bottom so it does not show the antenna separators.

Yeah, about that. Turns out Huawei has a new phone that does this very thing.

“

I think it looks pretty good. It’s actually a shame the iPhone doesn’t, you know?

• Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, about that. Turns out Huawei has a new phone that does this very thing.

“"

I think it looks pretty good. It’s actually a shame the iPhone doesn’t, you know?

I heard about the Ascend G7.  It a huge 5.5" iphone 5S clone running Android 4.4.   Not sure if it will come to the U.S.  Has a 720p screen.  Not sure about the price.  Should be very competitive against other Android phones like the Samsung Note 4 and LG G3!  LOL!

I came across the Ascend P7.  Now this one is a 5" with HD+ screen resolution.  And it is quite a looker.  Not sure if it works in the U.S. carriers LTE networks however. 

I spending $300 more and getting an iPhone 6 plus $200 additional for the 128GB!