Safari won't save webarchives in Mavericks

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited November 2014

Hi Not familiar with forums but hope to get some help.

Safari 7.0.6 on my iMac running Mavericks 10.9.4 is not saving web pages (webarchives)

I've used the following path: File > save as   then   Format > web archive.

That saves a file but when I click on it, it opens up  the 'Top Sites' page (as when you click on the + for a new tab in safari.  It does not open a saved web archive of the web page I was on.

I have no such problem with safari on my MacBook Pro running Lion.

The iMac hardware details are 2.7 gz Intel Core i5 with 8gb of RAM.

The software update tells me I'm up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

ErrolN

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2

You're not going lower to the ground and you know that it a little bit  G retired taking the Arching one a she's retired if you lower back pain is Jimmy Hart your back flat because what happens   Xtreme Nitro isthat they're so tiny you today your last to the most commonly interaction so striking is obviously very important thing on which were going over in the mirrors to show everyone proper structures were not I hope that out  but it is gonna whole going to have proper range motion is getting national using out to the political and stuff like that so  percent same for yep yes for just like that  through good member sweetie should  through just yet...

http://consumerreportsit.com/ 

• Reply 2 of 2
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member

Errol, no point in staying in Lion, go to ml, or mavericks all together and think about moving to yosemite eventually. This should get things sorted. This is a very rare bug/behaviour from safari, esp. if this happens with every save as tab, and not one particular page. Something's messed up. At least try looking at software update to update safari instead, clear its caches, etc. But I 'd just go with ml, mavs, or yosemite update because lion is probably the shittiest OS X version from the past 10 releases ever since os x appeared.