Live from Apple's "Wish We Could Say More" iWatch & iPhone 6 Event

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2014
Join us as we join Apple on Sept 9, 2014 for its "Wish We Could Say More" media event, in which the company is widely expected to unveil multiple "iPhone 6" models, preview its so-called "iWatch," and introduce a mobile payment platform backed by the industry's most respected players.

If you aren't automatically redirected in 3 seconds, click here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 113
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

There's no story on Apple's liveblog? First time they do something like this- they're being really chatty. I love it. 

http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/

• Reply 2 of 113

"Just got to Moscone, where is everyone!" - Eddy Cue

LOL

• Reply 3 of 113
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

"Wish We Could Say More" ???!!!!!

Doesn't that imply that they're going to announce something (probably the iWatch) and then not give any details about it because it's not ready.

That doesn't sound good. 

• Reply 4 of 113
    roakeroake Posts: 811member

Samsung: "Now how the hell can WE get this kind of media buzz?"

Fandroids: "Just invite a bunch of media to the announcement of your next Apple-clone."

Intelligent People: "Not going to happen. (continues to read AppleInsider on his iDevice)"

Reality: "Just announce a withdrawal from the mobiles market before you have to declare bankruptcy."

• Reply 5 of 113
    roakeroake Posts: 811member

I'm pretty sure that, in hindsight, the Apple announcement graphic and words will refer in some way to what is being announced today.  They always have in the past.  Perhaps I'm wrong, but if so, it will make me a bit sad, as it indicates Robin Cook has lost the sense of humor that Steve had in playing little games with the media.

• Reply 6 of 113
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Man Apple is going all out today. I hope they can deliver. :)
  • Reply 7 of 113
    Wow! Stephen Fry is in the building!!
  • Reply 8 of 113
    Apparently Anna Wintour is at the event?!? During New York Fashion Week. :wow:
  • Reply 9 of 113
    I guess the live blog is for the poor suckers who can't watch the live stream. 25 minutes to go.
  • Reply 10 of 113
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

Wow! Stephen Fry is in the building!!

Indeed... but 3 minutes later his tweet disappeared from the live event webpage to be replaced by..er... Coco Lee...  weird.

edit: and now re-appeared....

• Reply 11 of 113

I was thinking 'wish we could say more' refers to phone performance. Maybe battery life? Maybe more models of phones? Maybe a connection with the watch?

Like Roake mentioned- it'll all be clear in hindsight.

Soon enough, we shall see soon enough.

• Reply 12 of 113
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

"Wish We Could Say More" ???!!!!!

Doesn't that imply that they're going to announce something (probably the iWatch) and then not give any details about it because it's not ready.

No, because I think they've said it leading up to other events too...

Anyway, I'm not really that interested in a watch - I've never worn one anyway,

and don't really see myself as 'Mr. Jet-packing Into the Future' as to using it...

Plus, the only mock-up I've seen that came close to giving me a chubby was this one, I think I saw on Mashable:

http://mashable.com/2014/09/07/apple-iphone-6-event-what-to-expect/ ;

• Reply 13 of 113
    Finally Apple is using the power of social media to create buzz. If Katie Cotton is one of the reasons this didn't happen before I'm glad she retired. Samsung would KILL to get the media buzz and coverage Apple is getting today, :D
  • Reply 14 of 113

Video streaming from inside started................... with 13 minutes to go...

• Reply 15 of 113
    Anyone else seeing the color bars?
  • Reply 16 of 113
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

and at 10:03 I have only bar codes on Apple & Apple TV…starts a little introductory film, can't buffer, back to bar codes...

not impressive.

10:05 Tim on computer, with Chinese(?) translation overlaid, crap on APPLETV,

then Safari crashes, when it returned, still Chinese overlay totally distracting & AppleTV "error loading content"...

Yay Apple!  Welcome world!

It's almost 10:30 - why am I STILL hearing Chinese???????????

• Reply 17 of 113

Feed is down

• Reply 18 of 113
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Apple! Turn off that stupid Chinese translator voice in the background!

I'm watching on Apple TV, and that Chinese voice is there.

• Reply 19 of 113
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

Feed is down

Me too.  damnit

• Reply 20 of 113
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Me too.  damnit

Apple's really having problems today. Feed is down or there's no sound or the wrong sound.