Outlook for Mac 2011 lost folders

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited February 2015

Hi & Help!!

I have run my upgraded hotmail pop account for years through entourage and now Outlook for Mac 2011.

I must admit in a fit of cleaning the other day I noticed I had two Microsoft User Data folders. I trashed what looked to be the older one. Opened outlook today.. nothing empty blank program.

Researched ... got MUD folder out of trash but still have the prob of two Microsoft User Data folders sitting under documents. renamed one with Microsoft User Data folders 2 . 

Can see that one has the back up "main identities" . 

Opened outlook with alt command was able to reinstate via main identities - problem is last Microsoft identities back up was March 2012. Why I have no idea

Now inbox folders content is only from 2012 - lost are all folders from 2013/14 

236 mainly recent email downloaded into my inbox but some random ones are dated back to 2011?

I have been filing my emails properly in outlook for mac 2011 since 2011 so I need those folders back. arrgghhh

I understand that once pop downloads onto mail program that program now stores them.

Last time my machine back up was 60 days ago, damn it.

I dont want to roll the time machine back as I have a lot of new documents created over the last few weeks.

Can I roll it the time machine back run a identies back up from 60 days ago and then come back to today? 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Check which of the user data folders was updated most recently. If you pulled the folder back out of the trash, your emails will still be in that folder so you just need to put that back in place. You can hit command-i to get info on the folder's modification date.
  • Reply 2 of 4

Have you tried re-building the outlook for mac database. Doing so it will restore all your emails lost/deleted and you can recover back all your emails

• Reply 3 of 4

It seems your Outlook database has been corrupt. You have two options to get back your lost folders. You can rebuild your mac outlook database or you can opt for professional OLM repair software. But, we should be aware that rebuilding your mac outlook database is not a safe method and can lead to permanent data loss. So, I would suggest you to opt for Stellar Phoenix OLM Repair for best results. After using OLM repair software user will get few more options like:

•    Options to save repaired emails as well as Import them

•    Easy to use interface

•    Perform repair operation in few clicks

•    Complete assurance of no data loss during repairing process