my first mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
guys , i ve my first apple mac has arrived and i am so pleased with it so far, will post some pics later, cause i'm still busy trying this and that, in particular connecting to the internet - broadband (the old PC is still there). thanks so much for the previous advices.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    p.s. some questions:

what does the coupon do? and do i have to pay for upgrading the software, OSX, iphoto....to the latest versions? thanks,
  • Reply 2 of 8
    peggespegges Posts: 56member
    Most of the software probably is the latest version. If not, most upgrades are free. You use the coupons if there is an OS upgrade and you need to prove you actually already own a license for the OS (to get a rebate, for instance). Note that the OS version is printed on the coupon.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    so i can upgrade to OS 10.1.3 free?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    [quote]Originally posted by firehc:

<strong>so i can upgrade to OS 10.1.3 free?</strong><hr></blockquote>

what did it come w/? once u get onto the internet, run software update and it should tell what u need.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member

<strong>guys , i ve my first apple mac has arrived and i am so pleased with it so far, will post some pics later, cause i'm still busy trying this and that, in particular connecting to the internet - broadband (the old PC is still there). thanks so much for the previous advices.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What model do you own ?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member

The 10.1.x upgrades are always free.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    zozo Posts: 3,117member

The next time you hear of an OS X update that Apple will ask you to pay for, you will be able to use those coupons. Almost 100% sure that 10.2 will be charged, maybe just 'shipping and handling' fees, but most likely if you go to an Apple store, handing in that coupon will give you the update for free, or if it is big enough for a ful 129$, you will get a substantial discount.

Bottom line, keep em in a place you will remember cause you will need em eventually
  • Reply 8 of 8
    i ve new imac G4,

thanks for your responses