Apple's iPhone 6 and 6 Plus heading to 36 more countries in October

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2014
Apple is set to expand the availability of its new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus later this month, as the company announced on Monday that the handsets would begin rolling out in three dozen new countries -- including rising key markets India and China -- on Oct. 17.

The small principality of Monaco will join India and China in the Oct. 17 launch, with Israel following on Oct. 23 and the Czech Republic, French West Indies, Greenland, Malta, Poland, Reunion Island and South Africa starting sales on Oct. 24. The expansion will move to the Middle East on Oct. 30 with Bahrain and Kuwait, while consumers in Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Estonia, Greece, Guam, Hungary, Iceland, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, South Korea, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine and Thailand will be able to purchase a new iPhone on Oct. 31.

Apple will have put the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus on sale in 69 countries and territories around the world by the end of October, with the goal of nearly doubling that to 115 countries before 2015. The company calls this its fastest iPhone rollout ever.

The iPhone 6 series marks Apple's first foray into large-screened handsets, shipping in two models with 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch displays. The new devices also sport a number of other improvements over their predecessors, including upgraded cameras, a new industrial design, and an NFC chip for Apple's upcoming Apple Pay mobile payments system that is expected to launch later this month.

Consumers responded positively to the release, purchasing some 10 million of the devices in their first weekend of availability. That record number comes despite the fact that mainland China --?a major market which received the iPhone 5s on its first day of sales --?will not gain access to the handsets until nearly one month after their initial release.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    I hope they have some killer inventories built up. Looks like 20 million alone in China.
  • Reply 2 of 36
    no25no25 Posts: 16member
    They wont
  • Reply 3 of 36
    the iPhone 5 of 2012 is finally here
  • Reply 4 of 36
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

I'm thrilled to know that folks in India and China will have phones in hand

before my family here in the US - we ordered ours early on 9/13, but they still

won't ship from Verizon till 10/24 at the soonest...aaarrrggh!

But I'm happy for Apple, anyway - helluva triumph!

• Reply 5 of 36
    boredumb wrote: »
    I'm thrilled to know that folks in India and China will have phones in hand
    before my family here in the US - we ordered ours early on 9/13, but they still
    won't ship from Verizon till 10/24 at the soonest...aaarrrggh!

But I'm happy for Apple, anyway - helluva triumph!

Why would you order from anyone other than Apple?
  • Reply 6 of 36
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gimarbazat View Post

Yeah, isn’t it strange that with all that advanced technology and a two year lead that Apple is only now ‘catching up with’ Samsung has managed to announce a predicted 60% decline in profits, while Moto, HTC, and the rest continue to lag far behind. What explains that? Oh right, only stupid people buy Apple products and there are a lot of stupid people I guess.

You trolls are putting on a real comedy club performance lately, but joke after joke is bombing with the audience. Try your act with a live animal, say a monkey, or a trained pig. That might get you more attention.

• Reply 7 of 36
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    And supposedly 20+ million preordered in China alone:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/10/13/20-million-iphone-6-6-plus-china/
  • Reply 8 of 36
    I can't believe they are releasing the iPhone in allll these countries when I pre-ordered the 6 Plus at 8 a.m. on Sept. 19. IMO, they should get all of us our devices BEFORE they release everywhere else, because I guarantee you half the world will have their phone before the ppl that stayed up all night to pre-order.
  • Reply 9 of 36
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

This is why Apple is killing the competitors, one phone for all markets, unless Samsung and others who has a number of different phone for the various markets, it a supply chain nightmare.

• Reply 10 of 36

Why are they releasing this in alllll these other countries when I still haven't received the 6 plus I pre-ordered the 19th as soon as the website went up...? I guarantee you half the world will have their phone before all of us who pre-ordered... :/

• Reply 11 of 36
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

Why would you order from anyone other than Apple?

I know I ordered three from Verizon because they were giving out $200 for old iPhone trade-ins (I traded in three iPhone 4).

I've already received all 3 that I ordered though, so I'm not sure why his are taking so long.  128GB 6+ ordered around 3am on the 12th, 16GB 6 ordered around noon on Saturday 13th, and another 16GB 6 ordered around the 27th.  Got the first two on Sept 29th and 30th, and the last one on Oct 7th.

• Reply 12 of 36
    In India, pre-orders are on and already 64GB variants are no longer available!
  • Reply 13 of 36

Exactly! I pre-ordered mine on 9-12 at 8 a.m. from AT&T and it says mine doesn't ship until Nov 27th... What sense does this make??

• Reply 14 of 36

The moron of all time has been here a while, it seems.

• Reply 15 of 36

Unfortunately for us, he's not unique, and has disciples.
  • Reply 16 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Yeah, isn’t it strange that with all that advanced technology and a two year lead that Apple is only now ‘catching up with’ Samsung has managed to announce a predicted 60% decline in profits, while Moto, HTC, and the rest continue to lag far behind. What explains that? Oh right, only stupid people buy Apple products and there are a lot of stupid people I guess.

You trolls are putting on a real comedy club performance lately, but joke after joke is bombing with the audience. Try your act with a live animal, say a monkey, or a trained pig. That might get you more attention.

I'm not hating the product, is just I wish they brought it sooner. On the iPhone 6 the retina ppi is the same as in iPhone 4 from 2010! HTC, LG and Samsung had higher ppi screens a year ago if not 2012. 1gb of ram is still something from 2012 and not to mention the 8 megagapixel camera.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

When you don't have anything to say insults are the last resort.
  • Reply 18 of 36

When you don't have anything to say insults are the last resort.

That’s why you decided to begin by insulting our intelligence and posting such blatant lies, right?

• Reply 19 of 36
    metrixmetrix Posts: 256member
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

I'm not hating the product, is just I wish they brought it sooner. On the iPhone 6 the retina ppi is the same as in iPhone 4 from 2010! HTC, LG and Samsung had higher ppi screens a year ago if not 2012. 1gb of ram is still something from 2012 and not to mention the 8 megagapixel camera.

Can I not say the same thing about Android phones, "well I wish it was 64bit 2 years ago", or "I wish it had better selection of apps", or "I wish I could update to the latest OS"

• Reply 20 of 36

Sometimes I feel sorry for the Android camp.  They are so taken-in by specs numbers and don't understand much of technology.

I think many Android users really believe that specs and real world performance are the same.  But one thing I have learnt over time, it is difficult to teach tech to non-tech people who think that technology is all about specs and fiddling with widgets.

Lately I have come to the conclusion that it is good for the Android camp to continue to expand its numbers and to spread the 'specs' perception so that more will buy Android phones.  This is because I still have many friends who are unable to get their hands on the new iphone 6.  Can you imagine if all the Android people become smart and understand tech better?  My God what would be the waiting time for my new iphone 6 order?