I've two issues with Yosemite. Please help.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited October 2014

Could someone explain these new Safari cookies options? And which setting is optimal?

And I cannot get Text Message Forwarding to work. No code thingy will appear on my Mac. I've tried everything and have everything set the right way as far as I know.

"Enter the code shown on your Mac to allow iPhone text messages to also be sent and received on "Air".

Where is the code? I see no code. Opening Messages on the Mac doesn't display a code either.

Signed in on both devices, iCloud email added to both, Bluetooth ON both devices, same Wifi network, the list goes on.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

Always block: no new cookies except the ones Google sneaks by you.

Allow from current website only: not a clue

Allow from websites I visit: only first party cookies, not advertisers, except the ones Google sneaks by you

Always allow: all cookies

The code is on a modal dropdown that shows up in Messages. I had it work automatically.

I dunno... check Messages/Preferences/Accounts/the iMessage account you associate with your iPhone. See if the phone number is ticked. If not, tick it and see if you get an SMS request.

• Reply 2 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Allow from websites I visit: only first party cookies, not advertisers, except the ones Google sneaks by you

This is the setting I like, but when I set Yosemite Safari 8.0 this way it logs me out of Reddit, AI etc. when I close the page.

• Reply 3 of 4
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

This is the setting I like, but when I set Yosemite Safari 8.0 this way it logs me out of Reddit, AI etc. when I close the page.

Huh. Doesn’t for me. Did you clean upgrade or update? I’d wipe those cookies and start ‘em over again.

• Reply 4 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Huh. Doesn’t for me. Did you clean upgrade or update? I’d wipe those cookies and start ‘em over again.

I did that, but I'll try it again and see how I fair.