The latest version itunes 12 dwnload is not letting me check boxes of podcast to sync! I acts craz

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited September 2015

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the latest itunes 12 download!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      On my home computer when I plug my ipod in to sync new podcast...........I have never had any problem until the latest download.   I go to my library to check the boxes of the podcast I want to sync, and the boxes will not check OR they will check and uncheck the box above it!!!!!   Instead of the box right where I want it to check!!   Very aggravating!   I just simply want to check {like I always have}..the podcast I want to sync.

I have unistalled and reinstalled  itunes......don't know what else to do...

Any ideas!?????image

Help please!!  image

ParisOpera

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

Has anyone found an answer to this problem? I've been having the same trouble, and can't find a solution anywhere.

Specifically, these are the problems I've encountered with syncing since the new iTunes release:

1) I try to check or uncheck a podcast. My action either has no effect, or a podcast above or below the podcast I was clicking is checked or unchecked instead.

2) For podcasts that I don't have set to sync all unplayed episodes, any new episodes that I'm able to check uncheck themselves during syncing and aren't synced.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

• Reply 2 of 4

Yes, this. Me, too. WTF?

• Reply 3 of 4

I have the same infuriating problem. I am using XP and iPod Nano 7th gen. I tunes version 12.1.0.71. When trying to manually select podcasts for download the top box of the menu selects but the next one below does not but if I go to the one below that it selects the one above it. This applies down the list until you meet a box already ticked' where it gets complicated when you try to de-select it. It deletes the tick in the box above the one you try to deselected but if you move up the list it will only deselect every other one and the remaining ticks will not delete. It is very frustrating - it needs the Apple technicians to issue an update to correct it. It may be just us Podcast nerds who suffer - and I suspect we are a minority because Apple seems to be progressively marginalising us - Audio podcasts must be an irritating irrelevance for them. They are making it so difficult to use it must be because they want us to go away. Please Apple - pay attention and correct the faults in the Podcast Backwater.

• Reply 4 of 4

Folks, I know this is a huge pain in the ass, but the easiest solution is to delete the podcast from your library and reload it with exactly the episodes that you want. Pain, I know. Works like a charm though.