1 month of iTunes Library Disappeared ???

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited November 2014

Opened up iTunes (v. 11.1.3.8) right now, and when I sort by "Date Added" it's clear that all the mp3's I've added in the last month are gone. They were all there 2 days ago, and nothing else is missing from my computer.

1.  I have several different backup software (cloud-based, external b/u drives, etc.). What is the name of the file that holds the information that iTunes displays when one opens the program? If I know this (and where it lives) I can use my backup software to recover the file.

Thank you,

Cham

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    chamlin wrote: »
    OWhat is the name of the file that holds the information that iTunes displays when one opens the program? If I know this (and where it lives) I can use my backup software to recover the file.

The database and music files will most likely be in /Users/username/Music/iTunes.
  • Reply 2 of 3

Thank you, Marvin. Was able to find it where you suggested, and restore.

One more Q?

iTunes, when I open it, keeps starting with a popup about how my session in iCloud has expired, please log back in.

How can I stop that popup from happening? I only want to log in to the cloud when I... want to. :)

Thanks,

Chamlin

• Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    chamlin wrote: »
    iTunes, when I open it, keeps starting with a popup about how my session in iCloud has expired, please log back in.

How can I stop that popup from happening? I only want to log in to the cloud when I... want to. :)

Check if removing Safari's website data works as described here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3504041

There might also be an iCloud setting in your iTunes preferences or check the Store menu > view my account and look for iCloud features that are in use like iTunes Match.