DP G4 1Ghz Geforce 4 Ti (Help me decide!)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I ordered the DP G1 Ghz BTO w/Geforce 4 Ti 02/15/02. I have been waiting ever since. Then Apple forced me to cancel my order because I took advantage of the Employee Purchase Program. They said I could downgrade my video card and purchase the GF4Ti at a later date or cancel my order! So I cancelled and received this message below. With the stories about a mythical DDR Memory faster bus G4 coming what would you do? Thanks for all you comments...

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your patience regarding your order for the Power Mac G4 with the nVidia GeForce4 Titanium card. On Monday, we sent you a note about the significant delay on the nVidia GeForce4 Titanium card and asked you to change your order to another graphics card and purchase the Titanium card later,

or cancel your order till the Titanium card is available. We've rethought that decision and want to offer you the following options:

- If you requested we change your order to another graphics card and ship your system, you will receive the Titanium card at no additional charge to you,when it's available.

- If you requested that we cancel your order till the Titanium card is available, we will be glad to reinstate your order with one of the available graphics cards and ship the Titanium at no additional charge to you, when it's available.

Thank you again for your patience.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    KEEP THE ORDER!

You can sell the GeForce MX card on eBay once the Ti is arrrived....
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Keep the order. I did the same thing when I got my Dual 533 and the GeForce3.

Due to the problems with the GeForce4mX get the Radeon and then when you get the nVidia GeForce4 Ti you have both an ATI and a nVidia card with ADC ports.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I went for it! I called the Apple store and asked If I could get the Radeon 7500 instead and get the Geforce Ti later for free! She paused and said I dont think so. I said please just do it. I have heard bad things about the Geforce 4MX. She did it! I do need the new Mac now. Im sure I will be happy with machine. Now I can return the loaner DP G450 a friend loaned me. Its been months since I sold my trusty B/W G3 400. I can always sell it to one of my friends when and if the DDR systems ever comes out...

I did get a smoking deal on this system. : )

Thanks for your responses!

Locutus27
  • Reply 4 of 5
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Good choice. I have the Dual GHz w/ the Radeon and I love it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    When your Ti card comes, would you mind sending your Radeon to me?

Thanks.