Employment?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Looking for suggestions from all those currently using their mac knowledge in a real career.

I'll graduate in MIS in a little under six weeks and would really like to use my Macintosh experience in a career. My target employment area is the Twin Cities, Minnesota region but would move elsewhere for a good job.

Any really good suggestions where to look? Any companies you work for hiring? Any other ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    if you're looking for Mac work in the twin cities, best of luck. there's some out there, but you better have plenty of graphics design work.

otherwise the best place to look is online at <a href="http://www.startribune.com,"; target="_blank">www.startribune.com,</a> in their work avenue section.

you fill out a resume along with specific skills (Mac is one of them) and they match jobs accordingly.

most are in the twin cities area.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    What are you looking to do? Administrate? Program? Consult?

Regardless, I'd say that, if you want a good job involving Macs, you're gonna have to take your search regional, maybe even national. Decent paying Mac jobs are few and far between.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tomahawktomahawk Posts: 178member
    Thanks for the ideas so far, anything will help. Here is a little background.

I have some design background but wouldn't make it in a full on graphics position at this point. I'm mainly interested in tech support, consulting, admin, web design would be good, etc.

Basically I've been supporting my family's newspaper for close to 10 years now. I've been responsible for all the purchasing decisions (other than whether or not we can afford it at the time), installation, support, new ideas, etc. I also designed and have maintained their web site, and have received a few awards in the newspaper industry for it.

I've also work for an Internet company for a summer so I dealt with Tango based web sites there and am currently involved in my University through a student Technology Commission that makes many of the decisons on spending on campus, access, etc.