3com's audrey with airport/ apple made audrey

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was thinking about getting one of those audreys considering that you can get one for about $88 now and was wondering if it is possible to hook up an airport connection? And if so does the unit go to sleep when you arn't using it or can you set it to be always looking for incoming email? Does anybody own one and have incite into this area?

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: solo ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    solosolo Posts: 89member
    Now that I think about and have read some of the negative reviews of audrey, I was wondering why apple doesn't take this idea and run with it? I mean it is a little risky but with their sense of style, airport connectivity, and newton handwriting recognition they could create a great product. One that could act as a web browser, e-mail grabber, mp3 player, and digital picture frame. I mean wouldn't the dock be perfect for it? Besides that it would tie in with apples digital hub idea.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Audrey was too many things in one. I think Apple's headed down a more specific route. The iPod is for playing mp3s. Their digital devices will all have specific function, and not be combined into one unwieldy clipboard sized device.