Apple announces 'spring forward' event for March 9, likely to talk about Apple Watch & more

Comments

• Reply 21 of 127
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider2011 View Post

Guess you don't come to this site much. iOS 8.2 unlocks Apple Watch compatibility.

Just because 8.2 unlocks Apple Watch compatibility doesn't mean the feature set is fully developed. I can see where my post was poorly worded, when I wrote "if the iWatch requires IOS9 for functionality" what I mean was if there is some feature as yet unannounced that is specific to IOS9, then there may be an IOS9 tie-in.

Thank you for pointing out my lack of clarity.

• Reply 22 of 127
    I was excited for this until I got a small hint on what the price might be for the model I want. I messaged my buddy who is in the know at Apple and mentioned that I want the Apple Watch (middle model) 42mm, stainless steel band and he said to budget for about $1,500. I was hoping this model will be 500-600, but I'm worried it will be priced out of my range.

I'm not really interested in the Sport model, as it doesn't have a sapphire and I really want that stainless steel band since it will look good with my daily attire. I'm really hoping he is overshooting or is just wrong, but he's never lead me astray.

I guess we'll find out on March 9th.

Ask him about the Edition... edition.
  • Reply 23 of 127

I sure hope this event starts out with highly detailed technical information about updates to iOS and OS X. 

Enter Tim Cook. 

"Good morning, everyone! Glad you could be here. I am very excited to talk about some really awesome things we have in store for you. So let's begin with the kernel used in iOS and OS X Yosemite. You see, the microprocessor architecture uses what's called a writeahead buffer that concatenates..." 

• Reply 24 of 127

There was a photo maybe on this site a week ago of the top department store in the UK I think with a large veiled display in the center of the store, something huge and still top secret.  Angela Arendts's doing. And I presume they are not just doping this in one store. Sorry I dont have a link but I definitely saw the photo and read about it.

• Reply 25 of 127
    I would be keen to buy a iPad Pro :)
  • Reply 26 of 127

Rich Chinese will probably line up to buy gold Apple Watches for $10,000.  And maybe create a grey market and sell them for $15,000. When the new iPhone6 came out they were grey-marketing them for as much as $1500.  Also many rich people in countries with no access to Apple products are willing to pay big premiums.  

• Reply 27 of 127
    mubaili wrote: »
    Can't wait

You'll have to, I'm afraid.
  • Reply 28 of 127
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Event March 9

Pre-orders March 16/23

Shipping and in stores April 6

I think April 3, is more likely for a release date, Friday always seems to be the day, and IOS 8.2 release on April 1st, I wonder though how many pre-orders they will get because it seems like a huge portion of the unsure category wants to try it on and see what size and what band and all that.

• Reply 29 of 127
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    So fucking hyped.

And yes, even if Apple had some other products planned in this timeframe (ie. iPad Pro/Macbook Air redesign) I'm pretty sure they've cleared them out of the way, to have all focus and attention on Apple Watch. Sucks for us waiting for those products, but I think it's absolutely the right thing for them to do. Launch period is critical.
  • Reply 30 of 127
    I sure hope this event starts out with highly detailed technical information about updates to iOS and OS X. 

Enter Tim Cook. 

"Good morning, everyone! Glad you could be here. I am very excited to talk about some really awesome things we have in store for you. So let's begin with the kernel used in iOS and OS X Yosemite. You see, the microprocessor architecture uses what's called a writeahead buffer that concatenates..." 

You made me chuckle. ????
  • Reply 31 of 127
    slurpy wrote: »
    So fucking hyped.

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with Apple hyping the Apple Watch.

After all, it is a new product category for them.

My 2c.
  • Reply 32 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BJNflicks View Post

There was a photo maybe on this site a week ago of the top department store in the UK I think with a large veiled display in the center of the store, something huge and still top secret.  Angela Arendts's doing. And I presume they are not just doping this in one store. Sorry I dont have a link but I definitely saw the photo and read about it.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/02/19/rumor-unique-display-to-showcase-apple-watch-at-high-end-paris-department-store

Here's one of the stories, but this one was in Paris , I don't remember seeing one about a UK store.

• Reply 33 of 127
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/02/19/rumor-unique-display-to-showcase-apple-watch-at-high-end-paris-department-store

Here's one of the stories, but this one was in Paris , I don't remember seeing one about a UK store.

Guess I missed that coverage somehow.
  • Reply 34 of 127
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

I think April 3, is more likely for a release date, Friday always seems to be the day, and IOS 8.2 release on April 1st, I wonder though how many pre-orders they will get because it seems like a huge portion of the unsure category wants to try it on and see what size and what band and all that.

Yes, 3rd might make more sense. I'm guessing store displays will be up shortly after the event so people can check it out and order what they want.

If the Watch and bands are separate SKU's, it makes it a bit easier to order a watch (one of three styles), and a band within that style - don't like the band, just exchange that without Apple having to deal with returned Watches

• Reply 35 of 127
    ronnronn Posts: 654member
    I would love the middle range Apple Watch but can't justify spending $2K+ on a smart watch. Especially since I don't own an iPhone yet. So that means investing a few grand. Not happening for 1st gen.
  • Reply 36 of 127

I,m still buying TWO Sports

• Reply 37 of 127
    I feel the Sport model will sell the most, but I am interested to see what mix of the mid and high-end are sold.
  • Reply 38 of 127
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

What new products are anticipated other than a few refreshes?

Pretty sure most of the new product energy right now is being focused on the Apple Watch.

The retina Macbook Air is far more than a refresh if the rumours are true

• Reply 39 of 127
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    mj web wrote: »
    I'll be shocked the gold Apple Watch Edition costs a dime over $2500. $10,000? Noooooo way!
    It's good, not gold plated so I can see it cost a lot more the 2.5k.
    bjnflicks wrote: »

Strange. Why would they set up a veiled display in the middle of the store for weeks on end. Floor space is valuable.
  • Reply 40 of 127