Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event will be streamed live from its website, Apple TV

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 2015
As it has done for past events, Apple's upcoming March 9 event, where it is expected to give final details on the upcoming Apple Watch, will be available as a live video stream from the company's website as well as the Apple TV set-top box.

The official Apple events page invites visitors to come back on March 9 at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern, when live video from the presentation will be available. Live streaming requires Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X 10.6.8 or later, or Safari on iOS 6 or later.

In addition, the event will also be available on the second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later.

The "Spring Forward" slogan Apple is using to advertise its event refers to the start of Daylight Saving Time, which begins a day prior on Sunday, March 8, when clocks will move forward one hour.

Apple made the March 9 event official earlier Thursday when the company sent out invitations to members of the media. It's expected that the focus of the event will be the forthcoming Apple Watch, which is set to become available sometime in April.

Other products that could be unveiled at the event include a new MacBook Air with Retina display, updates to the existing MacBook Air design, and more. This is the first time Apple has held a media event before June's Worldwide Developers Conference since the announcement of the third-generation iPad in 2012.

AppleInsider will also have full, live coverage of Apple's March 9 event, and all of the news leading up to it. Readers can stay informed through the official AppleInsider app for iOS, as well as on Facebook, Twitter, and RSS.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 35
    I would love to see HomeKit get launched as a real thing, a feature that I can start using, rather than be just an API that quietly and slowly winds its way into iOS Apps through time and osmosis.
  • Reply 2 of 35

Anyone know what time it is? I don't want to pull my phone out of my pocket to look. 

• Reply 3 of 35
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member

Fine, it's 10am PDT on Monday March 9.

• Reply 4 of 35
    "Watch the live video..."

"Spring Forward" as in daylight savings time, as in time.

I see what you did there.
  • Reply 5 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post

Anyone know what time it is? I don't want to pull my phone out of my pocket to look. 

Add it to your calendar. iOS will notify you automatically the second it starts in your time zone. No further configurations necessary.

• Reply 6 of 35

Can I sue Apple for the amount of stress they cause me by announcing an announcement so un-necessarily early? /s

• Reply 7 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UncommonAsian View Post

Add it to your calendar. iOS will notify you automatically the second it starts in your time zone. No further configurations necessary.

Awesome. Why did I not think of that myself ^^

• Reply 8 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Awesome. Why did I not think of that myself ^^

You can go the simple way, or the extreme way like me– I just set my iPhone to alert me 60/30/15/5 minutes before and at the exact time too. This is my Super Bowl, so I'll be camping out in front of my Mac with loads of junk food and soda. ????????????????????????????????

• Reply 9 of 35
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Can I sue Apple for the amount of stress they cause me by announcing an announcement so un-necessarily early? /s

Of course you can sue them (yes, I note the sarcasm tag). Whether or not your case goes to trial is a separate issue, as is winning the case.

:D

• Reply 10 of 35
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Brushing up on my Chinese now...
  • Reply 11 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

Of course you can sue them (yes, I note the sarcasm tag). Whether or not your case goes to trial is a separate issue, as is winning the case.

:D

Very good point. Let me sue in Eastern Texas.

• Reply 12 of 35

No, but if they try to force you to download a Coldplay album you can.
  • Reply 13 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Could be worse. Justin Bieber is still active (some say he's still passive, but that's none of my business).

• Reply 14 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

At least it's not a U2 album. *shudders*

• Reply 15 of 35
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post

I have it here on my mac, 19:33 GMT.

On a serious note:

I just imported the event from the Apple website to my iCal. The strange thing is that the event didn't adapt to my time zone. It says it starts at 10:00 San Francisco time? And there's no way to adapt it to my Time Zone? It now sits snuggly with my other appointment at 10:00 am GMT, which is inaccurate as the live event happens seven hours later for me.

• Reply 16 of 35

Hopefully all the technical difficulties from the last event have been fixed.

• Reply 17 of 35
    What? No heavy analysis of the artwork? The bat wings? A swing at Motorola? An homage to Mothman? The rocket head looking thing right under the logo? I need meta-meta commentary!
  • Reply 18 of 35
    Sounds like you need a watch!
  • Reply 19 of 35
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    ralphmouth wrote: »
    Hopefully all the technical difficulties from the last event have been fixed.

The most recent event (iPad Air 2, 5K iMac, Yosemite) streamed flawlessly for me. The one before that (iphone, apple pay) had the major issues.
  • Reply 20 of 35

I always prefer to watch it live, then try and read three different blogs about it, now if everyone will leave me alone for an hour at work, that's a different story lol.