Good Apple Books

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For some reason, I was on Amazon.com today and thought I'd see if there were any books about Apple I don't have (I have "second coming", "apple confidential", "apple design", "apple", "naked truth", and "fire in the valley"). The few that caught my eye were "Steve Jobs: The Journey is the Reward", "Aciddential Millionare: The Rise and Fall of Steve Jobs at Apple", and "Steve Jobs and the Next Big Thing". I wondered if any of these were worth the $$ (they all are out of print) or if you could recommend any other good ones. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    Come on. I find it hard to believe that no one here has read these books.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    I read Apple Confidential and enjoyed it very much. It highlights the corp culture that Apple had as well as Steve Jobs eccentric ways.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by iDude:

<strong>For some reason, I was on Amazon.com today and thought I'd see if there were any books about Apple I don't have (I have "second coming", "apple confidential", "apple design", "apple", "naked truth", and "fire in the valley"). The few that caught my eye were "Steve Jobs: The Journey is the Reward", "Aciddential Millionare: The Rise and Fall of Steve Jobs at Apple", and "Steve Jobs and the Next Big Thing". I wondered if any of these were worth the $$ (they all are out of print) or if you could recommend any other good ones. Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've read every single book you mentioned.

Accidental Millionaire is quite good. Easy read but only goes up to 85 or so.

Steve Jobs and the NeXT Big Thing is the best one there. Very good book. it's out of print so it could be either hard yo find or a lot of money. The NYC Public Library system has several copies. so maybe your library system does as well