Refurbished Macbook Pro - Your Opinion

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited April 2015

I'm ready to buy a Macbook Pro and I've looked at the refurbished ones available on the Apple online store.  I know refurbished Macs come with the same 1 year warranty and are eligible for Applecare but I still don't feel comfortable buying a refurbished Macbook Pro.  I don't what to deal with hardware problems it may have had such as logic board defects, trackpad problems or dead/stuck on pixels.  I have considered and thought about the pros and cons of a refurb but I've decided to go with a new Macbook Pro for peace of mind.  I welcome your opinion.  :)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Apple's refurb process is very strict, the products are like new. It doesn't come with a new box but that's it. There's not much that can easily fail with modern laptops and I wouldn't say a refurb is any more likely to fail than a new one but it depends on the age. If you buy a 2012 refurb in 2015 then there might be a chance of the battery being liable to fail sooner than a 2015 model.

If you're talking about the 13" Macbook Pro, the force touch trackpad is a good feature to have with the new one. If it's the 15", it's not the best time to buy one as it's been a while since it was updated and doesn't have the new trackpad but a new one might not arrive until around August/September.