Apple repair is a pain in the a$$ to deal with

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Some of you here know that my 21" Apple CRT monitor is starting to break down.

Screen randomly blanks out, sometimes even can get any signals.

So contacted Apple. And they told me to take it to service provider. Well.....took the monitor to repair on Monday. Guess what? The repair place told me that they haven't seen any problem . I told them they should check it out at 1600x1200 screen res but they told me they don't have any machine with the video card capable of going this high to run my monitor to check the problem......and are now forcing me to take it back.

Then I phoned Apple again and they told me that they are not aware of the problem that I describe. But when go to Apple's discussion board there are many people having the same problem that I have. I find this is total bullsh!t

Don't know what I am going to do now. If I really am forced to take it back I am sure I will see the blank out problem right in front of me cause I can't use anything lower than 1600x1200.

What should I do? Get rid of this monitor and get another brand?

One thing for sure is that I will NEVER buy another Apple brand monitor, even they look 1000000x cooler (in appearance) than other brands.

Apple is a real pain to deal with when comes to repair and service.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Leonis, you think you have problems?

Apple said they didn't even HAVE my Powerbook.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Take your monitor to another service place. I know that sounds like a pain, but sometimes you have to do it to get results.

I had to send work machines to 4 different vendors before I found one that actually was acceptable.

On another note, I've never experienced the problems you have with my 21" studio display.