Pointing Pages to the new Photos library

Posted:
in Mac Software edited October 2015

Hi

I have recently moved to Yosemite OS, and I have imported my IPhotos library to Photos.  The problem is when I am using Pages and click on the Media button to insert an image, it is not finding the Photos library.  I only get images from Photo Booth.

Does anyone know how to point Pages to the new Photos library?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    OK. If you have solved your problem, then you may ignore the post. If not, then I am mystified about the nature of your problem. When I click the [B]Media[/B] icon and then the [B]Photos[/B] tab in the drop-down panel, both my [B]iPhoto[/B] and [B]Photos[/B] libraries appear.

It just works. Is there anything extraordinary about your [B]Photos[/B] library?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RJRFM View Post

Hi

I have recently moved to Yosemite OS, and I have imported my IPhotos library to Photos.  The problem is when I am using Pages and click on the Media button to insert an image, it is not finding the Photos library.  I only get images from Photo Booth.

Does anyone know how to point Pages to the new Photos library?

Thanks!

This is the problem. Both "Photos" and Photos Booth" should show as options when media is selected, but only Photo Booth does. There is an unsatisfactory work around using the dropdown "Insert" selecting "Choose" and inputting Photos Library but it is time consuming when a click on the media option should display the Photos Library option. I find a clue today but no fix. I upgraded to El Capitan and upgraded Notes which now allows for the insertion of photos. I clicked on that button and it initially presented only Photo Booth as well. I clicked twice and it then gave me both Photo Booth and Photos Library. I did not intentionally initiate a new path - this happened automatically. Someone must know what the fix might be for Pages - or is it in Photos?