Problems With Video chatting In Messages

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited September 2015

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered but i didn't see anything so here goes. It seems that for no apparent reason I cannot do video chatting with ANY of my message "buddies" this has been ongoing now for about a month. They too are having the same problems. the IM texts go through but video chats will not work. We can use FaceTime on our computers and of course Skype will work so we all know the cameras etc. are OK.

Most of us are on the latest version of Yosemite but one or two are still running Mavericks so it's not the OS. We were all using the AOL AIM system and thought perhaps it was the root cause, but after all of us adding Google accounts it's still no dice. I have spent a lot of time on the phoe with apple support at two levels and their best "solution" is for me to reinstall the OS which I don't believe will accomplish a darn thing. Has anyone else has this problem?

Thanks Guys!!

Kevin in CT

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
     Hi all, apologies if this has been covered but i didn't see anything so here goes. It seems that for no apparent reason I cannot do video chatting with ANY of my message "buddies" this has been ongoing now for about a month. They too are having the same problems. the IM texts go through but video chats will not work. We can use FaceTime on our computers and of course Skype will work so we all know the cameras etc. are OK.

Most of us are on the latest version of Yosemite but one or two are still running Mavericks so it's not the OS. We were all using the AOL AIM system and thought perhaps it was the root cause, but after all of us adding Google accounts it's still no dice. I have spent a lot of time on the phoe with apple support at two levels and their best "solution" is for me to reinstall the OS which I don't believe will accomplish a darn thing. Has anyone else has this problem?

Thanks Guys!!

Kevin in CT
  • Reply 2 of 3
    U need to go in to the settings set up for FaceTime on ur phone and see if ur set up for wifi link or if ur set up using just cell data for face time u might not have unlimited data for face time you might have to use Wi-Fi connection to complete FaceTime proceed through settings and turn on Wi-Fi for FaceTime and see if that works you can email me at [email protected] if u want extended help this does not work put and please title title as friend of Apple insider if you'd like to send me further messages for help thanks William M. Pittsburgh PA
  • Reply 3 of 3

Oh well, I guess that everyone else is not having any problems??