with all this coming out

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Do you think it's wise to buy a PowerBook after MWNY 02? If I need it by late August for the start of college? Speaking of which, what do you think the new iBook G4 will look like? (I know this is completely off topic, sorry)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    macasaurusmacasaurus Posts: 243member
    So sorry, I accidently posted a new topic and not a reply. I am a newb at this... and I am using a PC because I just sold my iBook on ebay so that I could get a powerbook, which I haven't bought yet.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    I'd say Seybold at the earliest.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I don't think the TiBook or the iBook will get another upgrade at MWNY. The iBook will get a G4 at MWSF '03 at the earliest, probably later. The TiBook may be upgraded around then also, probably to 800 MHz and 1GHz. The only reason I could see holding out for an update would be if you want Jaguar to be included with the computer as opposed to a paid upgrade. Or, if you could get by waiting six months, you may as well and then you could either get a hotter machine or a much cheaper, lightly used one.

I'm holding out until MWNY for an iMac. I don't know if I'll get a speed bumped version or a used current one, but I'll just have to see what happens.