Apple Hardware and ground support for the I6.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited September 2015

L & G,

Mine is a rather unusual story, but it has happened !!!

I was out on the job in a remote place in India, just at the starting of my hitch my phone hung up and I tried restoring the phone the normal way thru my Laptop, unfortunately my phone did a series of asking me to update and would not come on. I contacted the Chat support from my laptop on three occasions and all three times it was fruitless, so I gave up and sent my phone down to my hometown which is Goa. This all happened on the 8th / 9th of August. Anyhow the phone was sent to the closest Apple reseller and he guided us to a Apple service centre, saying that this is a 3rd party Apple service centre and will charge for services. Not knowing any better my wife gave it to them to check out and they then told me it was a hardware problem and they could do nothing for the phone. Further more the phone was kept at my residence till I arrived around the 12th September. I then tried fruitlessly to contact Apple to know what I should do and after several phone calls, I got in touch with a Sachin Meherwade who told me to go and give it to this service centre in Mapusa - Goa, which I did, Till date I did not get any information from any of your support team till I called them up about 3 hours earlier to tell them to please send my phone back as I felt that the Apple service was useless and I was fighting a losing battle. Only after that he said that he was going to replace my phone and I should receive it the latest by Thursday. If this doesn't happen I would be left with no choice but to leave the phone with Apple and go in for any other brand of phone. It has been almost 1-1/2 month without having a phone and I have found that really very frusturating, especially coming from Apple.

Kind Regard's,

Nigel Coelho.