If Steve Jobs Tragically Died Today...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...what do you think would happen to Apple Computer?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    stock nose-dive, but apple would easily survive... and i would make millions as i bought tons of apple for $5 a share

hmmm, maybe i should kill him...

no in all honesty, eventhough jobs is a big part of apple, the company could easily survive, pixar too, he doesnt do much over there that any halfway decent CEO could do, the only major loss would be his showmanship @ keynotes, it would be extrememly hard to replace that... but his vision and stuff like that are usually shared by others at apple and a colaborative effort would most probably proove to be just as, if not more so sucessful then jobs...
  • Reply 2 of 14
    bryan furybryan fury Posts: 169member
    They'd release an iMac Special 'Steve Jobs' Edition .

Won't boot up , won't co-operate and Looks simply stunning whilst not actually doing very much apart from making lots of noise.

Can any PS wizards come up witha suitable 'piccy?'
  • Reply 3 of 14
    It doesn't matter to me if Steve Jobs is dead or alive. Apple is doomed either way.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nostradamus:

<strong>It doesn't matter to me if Steve Jobs is dead or alive. Apple is doomed either way.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nostradamus:

<strong>It doesn't matter to me if Steve Jobs is dead or alive. Apple is doomed either way.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Stupid response to a stupid thread.

Agreed. Yawn.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Gruesome, morbid thread. Ugh...

Apple would survive, of course. I'd like to think that there are others Jobs has surrounded himself with who "get it", and would carry on his vision or ideas.

Macworld Expo keynotes would suddenly cease to be as exciting or anticipated, however.

Through a combination of charisma, aloofness, RDF mastery, surprises, enthusiasm and sense of untouchability, Steve has helped make these twice-a-year events gain an almost-mythic status (don't deny me on this...you know damn well that 92% of you would ransom your own grandmother for a front row seat at the next Expo keynote).

[ 06-23-2002: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 14
    avi would get his parking space.

so look on the bright side !
  • Reply 8 of 14
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Why shouldn't you instead ask if Bill Gates dies

[ 06-23-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 14
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    What if his death wasn't tragic, would that make a difference?

What if he got caught buying crack from a hooker and was shot by the pimp for trying to pass off counterfeit bills?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Hmm...

I would be seriously hoping Steve had left a note in his will to where he wrote up and buried his vision for the world. When the executive staff of Apple goes to unearth it, they instead find the GPS coordinates to the location of a secret nuclear submarine under the Antarctic ice. In the sub is a fully mature clone of Steve Jobs with his exclusive iMemory installed. Steve continues on his world domination path.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    We'd get cheaper computers that wouldn't be white and the sale of turtlenecks would drop like a stone............................................. ...
  • Reply 12 of 14
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    I would think things would come out much more quickly after they are announced, and are announced much sooner.

Steven likes to change things around at the last minute, i hear
  • Reply 13 of 14
    you mean he's still alive?

i thought john sculley finished him off years ago..
  • Reply 14 of 14
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    [quote]Originally posted by bryan fury:

<strong>you mean he's still alive?

i thought john sculley finished him off years ago..</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, he is running around in this place called 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino, California. He is a low payed worker who uses his time complaining about company designs.