I dont want any rumors, what do i do?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Dear AppleInsider,

\tI do not want any rumors to ruin my experience for the MacWorld Expo,what can I do to make shure I am not exposed to the rumors flying around here and also so that I can continue to paroooose this board with freedom?

Can there be somehow that certain threads deemed "Spoilers" do not show up on my browser?

I would like to be surprised for this macWorld. Last MacWorld I gave into temptation to see how the new iMac would look a day before the expo.

-Neb

PS. If you know AppleScript and want to beta test my program, drop me a line, thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Just don't visit future hardware.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'd say stay away from:

Future Hardware

Current Hardware

Mac OS X

General Discussion

Digital Hub

And you should be fine.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I can ban you if you like.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Ah, but banning doesn't keep one from reading, does it? Just from participating.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    The best way to stay away from rumors

Go to other countries that don't have computers.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    Get a life, go out more, get a girlfriend. These will help you with your problem.

PS: If anybody misinterpreted this, it was meant to be a joke and not offend anyone.

[ 06-25-2002: Message edited by: G4Dude ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 9
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Simply impose a 2-3 week "Internet blackout", and take some time off. Go into MWNY completely oblivious and clueless about any and all things Apple and Mac-related.

That's what I would do.

On a more practical note, just do what someone above suggested: avoid the obvious areas where you might hear something you don't want to:

Future Hardware

General Discussion

OS X

Also:

MOSR

Think Secret

As the Apple Turns

...and any other Mac rumor site out there.

Seems pretty simple to me...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,563member
    LOL, as if there are so many accurate reports posted here you'd have to worry about.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    A internet "blackout" is the best thing. I was sooo mad when I saw the new iMac the day before! D*mn you Time Canada. Rumors around shouldn't be true! This is AI for crying out loud!

[Sarcasm off]

(BTW: That was a fake rant except the iMac thing)