Please Apple make my dream iPhone 7!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited October 2015

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5

Why is it a wedge?

Lightning with MagSafe = destroyed iPhones.

There’s absolutely no reason whatsoever for a higher resolution.

They’ll call it iOS 10.

I like the idea of a wireless headset, but only if it has the bandwidth for ALAC.

• Reply 2 of 5

It will always need a certain level of thickness on one side for the lightning port until they embrace wireless charging, which I don't think they will until it is across the room wireless rather than a dock/pad.

If they didn't think it was necessary for higher resolutions then they wouldn't be interested in 5K iMac screens, they need to keep ahead of the curve with resolution due to the Retina branding and the publics perception with higher res being better.

iOSX or iOS 10 is debatable, I just think it would be cool to adopt the X.

• Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed View Post

If they didn't think it was necessary for higher resolutions then they wouldn't be interested in 5K iMac screens, they need to keep ahead of the curve with resolution due to the Retina branding and the publics perception with higher res being better...

You can see the difference on a 27" (or 21") screen.  If you can't actually see the difference (between Retina and 4k) on a 5" screen, then there's no point to having it. (Having the ability to airplay to a bigger screen at 4k though ... that could work.)

• Reply 4 of 5
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    crashed wrote: »
    It will always need a certain level of thickness on one side for the lightning port until they embrace wireless charging, which I don't think they will until it is across the room wireless rather than a dock/pad.
    Actually the real limitation here is the camera. They are already too thin to deliver real performance advantages. Unless there is a technology break through I don't see them going higher resolution anytime soon. A cell phone thicker at one end though migh address that.
    If they didn't think it was necessary for higher resolutions then they wouldn't be interested in 5K iMac screens,
    Which has zip to do with the iPhone.
    they need to keep ahead of the curve with resolution due to the Retina branding and the publics perception with higher res being better.
    That isn't the publics perception. The publics perception and the reality of the tech is that higher resolution slows everything down with no real benefit.
    iOSX or iOS 10 is debatable, I just think it would be cool to adopt the X.
    In a cell phone why? IOS does have a lot of short comings I wish they would fix but that wouldn't turn iOS into OS/X.

What we might see one day is an iPhone that is modal. Plug that iPhone into a 21" monitor and you have a Mac OS/X like device. Unplug it and iOS becomes the OS of choice. In the case of OS/X mode you would have the keyboard and trackpad to interface to the operating system.

By the way we aren't far at all from having an iPhone with the performance to do this. You would need more RAM and a high performance I/O port and maybe a doubling when it comes to processor performance. This is all within reach in a couple of years.
  • Reply 5 of 5

You missed better battery and base model 64GB in iPhone 7.