Adobe Photoshop Fix & Mix get iOS 9 multitasking, iPad Pro support

Posted:
in iPad edited October 2015
Adobe has updated its two main Photoshop apps for iOS, Fix and Mix, with full support for iOS 9's multitasking features, as well as the upcoming iPad Pro.

Photoshop Fix
Photoshop Fix

The two apps now both offer Split View on iPads, allowing them to work side-by-side along other apps that support the feature. The option is also restricted to the iPad Air 2, Mini 4, and Pro.

Pro support will allow the tablet's users to edit larger images than on other devices. Adobe did not, however, mention specific resolutions or filesizes.

Likewise, though the apps should have "basic" Apple Pencil functions, Adobe didn't elaborate on what that might mean. The stylus offers tilt and pressure sensitivity.

Photoshop Mix
Photoshop Mix

Photoshop Fix is geared towards retouching and restoring images, using various brushes, and adjustment tools for focus, color, exposure, and saturation. Mix is built around cutting, combining, and layering, though some basic image adjustment tools are present.

Both apps are free, and run on any device with iOS 8.1 or later. Users must, however, have an Internet connection and an Adobe ID to make use of them.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Well, the last part of the last sentence sure did taketh away....
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Why? You don't have an Adobe ID?

• Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

There is no cost for an Adobe ID.

I already had one that another application (Overdrive) required.  It worked perfectly with Fix.  No cost.

• Reply 4 of 6
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    Honest question, no shilling intended:

For casual users, what does Fix offer over, say, Pixelmator?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post

Fix is very powerful app that even offers tools and features that are better than Photoshop itself. The hair masking is outstanding as well as the warp tool. It even has facial recognition of sorts. It recognizes parts of the face such as eyes, nose, mouth and can act on those facial features independently.

I think Adobe is releasing multiple apps that each offer some of the most common features of Photoshop like Mix which has a different feature set so you probably need both Mix and Fix. They are doing it this way to keep from overloading a single app allowing it to be fast and lightweight. Another strong feature for the mobile apps is that the file format is 100% compatible with the full Adobe CC for desktop and can be shared through Creative Cloud.

I haven't used Pixelmatr although I apparently have it on my iPhone.

• Reply 6 of 6
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    pscooter63 wrote: »

Probably nothing. I will be using these apps as satellites to the desktop version of PS.

Pixelmator is aimed squarely at the casual and enthusiast user.

Although, perhaps pixelator doesn't have support for the Pencil yet? If not, then perhaps that is the advantage? Of course no one has an iPad pro yet, so…yeah. But if you see a pencil in your future, it appears adobe is committed to supporting it.