Riddle me this...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm just speculating here but maybe this will get the creative ideas flowing....

Apple moved it's keynote from Tue. Jan 8th to Monday Jan 7th but why? Apple also added a full hour of extra time to the normal 1.5 hour keynote but why?

Answer these questions and then discuss...

------------------------------------------

Apple has made comments that it is moving into a new direction, what is it?

What other event also being held in the western US begins on Tuesday Jan 8th?

------------------------------------------

Dave

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Appliances and Gadgetry.

HMMMM!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    kurtkurt Posts: 225member
    Could be that Apple didn't want the Consumer Electronics show to steal the spotlight.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Appliances and Gadgetry.

HMMMM!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Very good Jonathan! Two gold stars for you and I'll even promot you to Administrator Access!

Now, Apple does NOT show up @ the CES web site but that doesn't mean anything... maybe Kurt is right, showing something 'ces' related before ces kicks off does have it's benefits... SF is a short flight from Vegas and either the press could swing up or Apple/Steve could go to them...

Now like I said this is just speculation but it is not 'wild off the wall' speculation.

D
  • Reply 4 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:

<strong>

Apple has made comments that it is moving into a new direction, what is it?

Dave</strong><hr></blockquote>

back a day, monday

• Reply 5 of 8
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    So now its a 2.5 hr show?

Hmm, maybe Gil is coming back as a surprise guest, he doesn't to less than 2 hr keynotes, they are beneath him.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    I don't put much weight in the fact that the keynote was moved, but think about it.

Steal the show???

If great new things are introduced, then by introducing them earlier that the Las Vegas show, won't that result in news from Las Vegas take the spotlight away from earlier Apple announcements.

Me personally, if great stuff is to be announced, I'd want to announce later and steal the spotlight from the Las Vegas show.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Could it be that whatever Apple announces they want on the floor at the consumer electronics show?