VIdeo of MacWorld KeyNote

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Besides the Streaming, how can one get a video of the keynote?

I am going, so can I just film it using my DV camera, or will somebody be capturing it over the satalite and be selling the tape over the internet?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mac writemac write Posts: 289member
    Appleads.com will have links to download the keynote form Apple in full within a few days of the keynote, along with people posting the links for forums.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Apple will undoubtedly provide on demand streaming of the Keynote soon after the event is over. Then someone will post a link to download in this thread:

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000002"; target="_blank">QT - How do I save a stream - I.E. the MacWorld...</a>

J :cool:
  • Reply 3 of 8
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    The big question is this: Will it be broadcasted im MPEG4? :eek:
  • Reply 4 of 8
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

<strong>The big question is this: Will it be broadcasted im MPEG4? :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

Doubt it highly but I'd love to be proven wrong

J :cool:
  • Reply 5 of 8
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Why not? I mean, Apple is killing the Quicktime Movie sacred cow, and is really hyping MP4.

MP4 is a superior format. For the same size, you get higher res/quality. That has to be good for the keynote.

Barto

[ 07-11-2002: Message edited by: Barto ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 8
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Or Apple want the webcast to be as bad as possible to take away the focus from what is(n´t) introduced on stage.

The only problem for MPEG4 would be that it would require a beta media player. I guess 98% of us here has it but most people actually wait until Apple release it officially.

In other words: They would have to double their streams and have like six to eight different (speeds*codecs)
  • Reply 7 of 8
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Individual streams arn't that expensive. They'd just have to add another computer (or 2 or 3 or 4) to encode the MP4 stream.

The big cost is bandwidth, which would remain the same.

Barto
  • Reply 8 of 8
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Yeah, if it turns out to be as crappy as it SOUNDS like then we'll be looking at it being broadcast as an animated GIF.

It'll just be Steve Jobs floating across the stage and pointing at an iMac. Maybe they'll add a crowd clapping sound. Both will just be set to play over and over.

Gee whiz, already I'm set for a lousy show. Well, at least I can't be disappointed now!!

D