What MacRumors forum has become lately ...

Comments

• Reply 41 of 188
    I came to this site because of similar beef with the admins on MacRumors. The site is full of idiots.  

Appleinsider is starting to piss me off mind with all this censorship of political posts. I come here less and less nowadays.
  • Reply 42 of 188
    Appleinsider is starting to piss me off mind with all this censorship of political posts. I come here less and less nowadays.
    Please feel free to contribute in the one thread in PO that's still active!
  • Reply 43 of 188
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,292member
    maxit said:
    If they ban your account you're basically done with them....

BTW after the last suspension (for not less than 26 days for saying this:"I'll try some basic math. Not sure you can get it, but i'll try nevertheless...") Im thinking about asking them to cancel my account.

Hmm, I haven't posted there quite as much lately... but unless things have really changed, there must be a bit more to this story. I've been in some quite heated exchanges there over the years and have never been banned.

BoneDaddy said:
    I've seen people call other people racist, idiots, suggested a forum member's daughter should be raped, and when you report posts like that, they send a message back saying there was nothing wrong with their posts.
    Ha! Just like twitter.
    Yea, or most of social media. I know some people with pretty big audiences on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc. who have been temporarily taken down or banned, simply due to their points of view. While at the same time, you can easily find channels (or responses to these people who've been taken down) that are some of the most vile stuff you'll ever run across... and it seems like there is no action taken.

And, I would just blame it on the algos, as these take-downs are often initiated by automated reporting group efforts... and these vile people are probably the ones who complain the loudest. But, in their efforts to get reinstated (manually), there is also clearly a lot of human bias involved as well. (For example, one Christian apologist I know w/ over 1M followers got over 800 videos taken down on their YouTube channel... and a number of them are things like him politely debating a Jewish rabbi on various religious points.)
  • Reply 44 of 188
    My temp ban on MacTumors ends tomorrow, but I'm probably done with the site as well. I got banned for making a Game of Thrones reference to another user who I was pretty sure would be amused by it. I was charged with trolling or intentional provocations. 

Users can call others delusional, iSheep, fanboys, idiots, or what have you, but my GoT reference was beyond the pale.
    BoneDaddyRV8
  • Reply 45 of 188
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,317member
    The comments section is clearly dominated by android fans who are encouraged by the mods.
    Half of them are “upset Apple users” who “used to own an iPhone” but the bendgate, attennagate, removal of the headphone jack, price etc convinced them to move. Please. 

An article about how iOS gained on android last Q was dominated by people arguing that of course Apple was losing ground because of the price. The site must realise that they get more clicks by catering to angry fandroids. 

I’ve never posted there, don’t see the point. AI gets all the stories anyway. 
  • Reply 46 of 188
    oh, hi everyone. another suspended member of MR. my temp ban ends today but now it shows the reason as multiple account but my wife has one and her's is banned too? previously said for a Rule Violation and would be lifted Oct 31st. been a member there since 2009 and had quite a few thousand posts there.

oh well. time to move on. just lurking around here seems like a better place. like many have mentioned, the trolls or the ones who don't agree with you are taking control.
  • Reply 47 of 188
    Same above MR temp bank for 4  days  because an OP said they went to the store and the  X was unimpressive but bought a Note 8; clearly Android troll.  Literally said his opinion was one of thousands like buttholes everyone had one, and didnt matter since touched the phone once in store so why starting yet another complaining thread; and rather what we each thought matters more.

No swear, no personal attack, banned.  Yet trolling OP is still active there. Memebr  since 2012 1391 posts and 1524 likes.

MR is a freakin joke and moderated by clowns. 2nd ban for literally nothing in 10 days now.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 48 of 188
    stulaw01 said:
    Same above MR temp bank for 4  days  because an OP said they went to the store and the  X was unimpressive but bought a Note 8; clearly Android troll.  Literally said his opinion was one of thousands like buttholes everyone had one, and didnt matter since touched the phone once in store so why starting yet another complaining thread; and rather what we each thought matters more.

No swear, no personal attack, banned.  Yet trolling OP is still active there. Memebr  since 2012 1391 posts and 1524 likes.

MR is a freakin joke and moderated by clowns. 2nd ban for literally nothing in 10 days now.
    Ugh.  This is crazy the mods over there get away with all these BANS.  I was discussing how the iPhone X screen isn't bigger than the Plus screen, with all my posts supported with FACTS and links, but everyone who bought an X (ok not everyone), but some people refuse to believe their X has as smaller screen over the PLUS.  Then the they started to threaten me, cuss, call me names, and so on.  I never did any such thing.  All my posts had likes on them.  So I decided to report a post, and next thing I know, I get banned by Weasel saying I have multiple accounts!!  I do not have multiple accounts!  No warnings, just BANNED.

Been there for 10 years and now this.  Some of those mods need to be banned themselves.
    SUNNY3061990
  • Reply 49 of 188
    For those questioning how badly moderation has gotten at MR, here are the 3 horrible violations I had that got me banned from PRSI.  IMO the moderator has a name that fits him.

tallest skilSUNNY3061990BigMcGuire
  • Reply 50 of 188
    MacRumors Mod
    “You asked a question that is capable of hurting someone’s feelings, so you’re banned.”
    That’s absolutely pathetic. Par for the course for certain people, though.
    You
    Liberalism is a mental disorder.
    You and I? We’re gonna get on famously. I wonder if sodapop1 was banned for his post, by the way…
    edited December 2017 cgWerksTheAppleFairy
  • Reply 51 of 188
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,292member
    MacRumors Mod
    “You asked a question that is capable of hurting someone’s feelings, so you’re banned.”
    You
    You and I? We’re gonna get on famously. I wonder if sodapop1 was banned for his post, by the way…
    SJW with their own unique definition of J. :)

That said, I've been in some fairly heated political/religious discussions over there at times, and knock on wood, I've yet to be banned. I think I always remain pretty civil in my language and such, but these examples sure look that way to me, too. Is it maybe just particular moderators in particular forum sections?
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 52 of 188
    MacRumors Mod
    You

He seems banned or suspended right now, as he should be.  He was a huge troll.  The moderators there let so much slide and then ban or warn on the smallest things.  Can't people have a real conversation and not have rules like it's elementary school?  

Anyway.  Maybe this site will suit me better.
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 53 of 188
    SUNNY3061990SUNNY3061990 Posts: 49unconfirmed, member
    I love Macrumors and have been member since 2015.  Lately I have been in a ugly spat with this mother f**kr macrumors user ”Relentless Power” he is a completely idiot and i believe he lives a miserable life. I have reported this cock s****kr to the administrators many times but they never took action against him. He reported me multiple times and got me banned permanently. He is friend with this idiot weaselboy who banned me for having multiple accounts. 

My question  to you is can make another account there or they will ban me again.
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 54 of 188
    I love Macrumors and have been member since 2015.  Lately I have been in a ugly spat with this mother f**kr macrumors user ”Relentless Power” he is a completely idiot and i believe he lives a miserable life. I have reported this cock s****kr to the administration many times but they never took action against him. He reported me multiple times and got me banned permanently. He is friend with this idiot weaselboy who banned me for having multiple accounts. 

My question  to you is can make another account there or they will ban me again.
    Of course you could make another account.  Keep in mind it's against their rules, and chances are someone from there will see these post.  If you were to make another account it would be best to make sure you get new public IP addresses on your home and cell network and don't make it obvious.  I still have access outside of PRSI so I am not going to bother.  I love the forum, but PRSI is full of sensitive children who need to be protected from evil conservatives.
    SUNNY3061990BigMcGuire
  • Reply 55 of 188

I love Macrumors and have been member since 2015.  Lately I have been in a ugly spat with this mother f**kr macrumors user ”Relentless Power” he is a completely idiot and i believe he lives a miserable life. I have reported this cock s****kr to the administrators many times but they never took action against him. He reported me multiple times and got me banned permanently. He is friend with this idiot weaselboy who banned me for having multiple accounts. 

How did you account get banned with no post?  Did you get banned for duplicates?
  • Reply 56 of 188

How did you account get banned with no post?  Did you get banned for duplicates?
    No. My username is Sunny1990 there on macrumors. 
  • Reply 57 of 188

Gotcha....there is a sunny3061990 who is banned too....
  • Reply 58 of 188
    I love Macrumors and have been member since 2015.  Lately I have been in a ugly spat with this mother f**kr macrumors user ”Relentless Power” he is a completely idiot and i believe he lives a miserable life. I have reported this cock s****kr to the administration many times but they never took action against him. He reported me multiple times and got me banned permanently. He is friend with this idiot weaselboy who banned me for having multiple accounts. 

Of course you could make another account.  Keep in mind it's against their rules, and chances are someone from there will see these post.  If you were to make another account it would be best to make sure you get new public IP addresses on your home and cell network and don't make it obvious.  I still have access outside of PRSI so I am not going to bother.  I love the forum, but PRSI is full of sensitive children who need to be protected from evil conservatives.
    I think i can’t make another account because this user “Relentless Power “ is looking after me. I’m afraid if i make another account and post there he will spot me.
  • Reply 59 of 188

I think i can’t make another account because this user “Relentless Power “ is looking after me. I’m afraid if i make another account and post there he will spot me.
    There are a couple of things you could do to hide yourself.  VPN or Proxy IP address, or just get a new public IP from your ISP. You could just clear all your cookies etc, and wait a few months or so and probably be ok.  If they find and ban you at that point they have no lives.
    SUNNY3061990
  • Reply 60 of 188

Gotcha....there is a sunny3061990 who is banned too....
    Mine was Sunny1990 with1663 posts and 5091 likes