What MacRumors forum has become lately ...

Comments

• Reply 61 of 188
    SUNNY3061990SUNNY3061990 Posts: 49unconfirmed, member
    I love Macrumors and have been member since 2015.  Lately I have been in a ugly spat with this mother f**kr macrumors user ”Relentless Power” he is a completely idiot and i believe he lives a miserable life. I have reported this cock s****kr to the administration many times but they never took action against him. He reported me multiple times and got me banned permanently. He is friend with this idiot weaselboy who banned me for having multiple accounts. 

My question  to you is can make another account there or they will ban me again.
    Of course you could make another account.  Keep in mind it's against their rules, and chances are someone from there will see these post.  If you were to make another account it would be best to make sure you get new public IP addresses on your home and cell network and don't make it obvious.  I still have access outside of PRSI so I am not going to bother.  I love the forum, but PRSI is full of sensitive children who need to be protected from evil conservatives.
    I think i can’t make another account because this user “Relentless Power “ is looking after me. I’m afraid if i make another account and post there he will spot me.
    There are a couple of things you could do to hide yourself.  VPN or Proxy IP address, or just get a new public IP from your ISP. You could just clear all your cookies etc, and wait a few months or so and probably be ok.  If they find and ban you at that point they have no lives.
    Thanks for helping . I think I need to give it a rest. I wait until Relentless is suspended or banned 
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 62 of 188
    I love Macrumors and have been member since 2015.  Lately I have been in a ugly spat with this mother f**kr macrumors user ”Relentless Power” he is a completely idiot and i believe he lives a miserable life. I have reported this cock s****kr to the administration many times but they never took action against him. He reported me multiple times and got me banned permanently. He is friend with this idiot weaselboy who banned me for having multiple accounts. 

My question  to you is can make another account there or they will ban me again.
    Of course you could make another account.  Keep in mind it's against their rules, and chances are someone from there will see these post.  If you were to make another account it would be best to make sure you get new public IP addresses on your home and cell network and don't make it obvious.  I still have access outside of PRSI so I am not going to bother.  I love the forum, but PRSI is full of sensitive children who need to be protected from evil conservatives.
    I think i can’t make another account because this user “Relentless Power “ is looking after me. I’m afraid if i make another account and post there he will spot me.
    There are a couple of things you could do to hide yourself.  VPN or Proxy IP address, or just get a new public IP from your ISP. You could just clear all your cookies etc, and wait a few months or so and probably be ok.  If they find and ban you at that point they have no lives.
    Okey let me tell the truth. I got another ip adress and made another account it worked I didn’t got noticed by any of the moderators. I was even quoting them and everything was fine until December 6. Relentless spotted me and reported to moderators and I was banned immediately. 
  • Reply 63 of 188

Okey let me tell the truth. I got another ip adress and made another account it worked I didn’t got noticed by any of the moderators. I was even quoting them and everything was fine until December 6. Relentless spotted me and reported to moderators and I was banned immediately. 
    I am starting to understand why. :)
    cgWerks
  • Reply 64 of 188
    yanki01 said:
    oh, hi everyone. another suspended member of MR. my temp ban ends today but now it shows the reason as multiple account but my wife has one and her's is banned too? previously said for a Rule Violation and would be lifted Oct 31st. been a member there since 2009 and had quite a few thousand posts there.

oh well. time to move on. just lurking around here seems like a better place. like many have mentioned, the trolls or the ones who don't agree with you are taking control.
    How did you get your account reopened after multiple registration ban?
  • Reply 65 of 188
    A little excessive don’t you think.  I am going to go out on a limb here and guess it was this attitude that got you banned.  Relax dude, it is just a website.  The mods are probably as mature as you.
    edited December 2017 tallest skil
  • Reply 66 of 188
    A little excessive don’t you think.  I am going to go out on a limb here and guess it was this attitude that got you banned.  Relax dude, it is just a website.  The mods are probably as mature as you.
    Sorry for the harash words.  Never been that excessive but I’m out of my mind now. I think I need to chill.
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 67 of 188
    RV8RV8 Posts: 7member
    For those questioning how badly moderation has gotten at MR, here are the 3 horrible violations I had that got me banned from PRSI.  IMO the moderator has a name that fits him.

Weaselboy is an officious Junior High School Hall Monitor that has the backs of the regulars over there. He routinely stalked and rebukes people who upset the angry members who act like vicious members of the Democratic Underground. That's an objective observation, not a political one. The guy is a caricature of the over-used concept of the "Social Justice Warrior", giving legitimate social causes a terrible name.

You are exactly right, there is a core of nasty posters who provoke anyone who disagrees with their agenda (anti-corporation, etc), and are adept at using Weaselboy as a weapon by the thirty odd people who are on there 24/7 talking politics and nothing else. It's non-stop conflict and new threads about the latest political idiocy every day. Why Macrumors doesn't close their political forum is beyond me. It's hurting their business and reputation. 

If you are a thinking adult, and don't like being treated like a child, don't go there. Tell everyone you know to do likewise to avoid the toxic atmosphere. The discourse there is obviously dictated by the silliness you see on college campuses. It assumes that everyone is a helpless victim, results in infantile lecturing, and ends up making the problem worse.

That said, their loss is Appleinsiders gain. I tell everyone to avoid MacRumours. Come here instead.
    edited December 2017 tallest skilSUNNY3061990
  • Reply 68 of 188
    Do you remember “ jkcerda” there . He is famous in prsi section 
  • Reply 69 of 188
    I love Macrumors and have been member since 2015.  Lately I have been in a ugly spat with this mother f**kr macrumors user ”Relentless Power” he is a completely idiot and i believe he lives a miserable life. I have reported this cock s****kr to the administrators many times but they never took action against him. He reported me multiple times and got me banned permanently. He is friend with this idiot weaselboy who banned me for having multiple accounts. 

That guy should have been banned a long time ago.  He is the worst and gets away with a ton of stuff.  The mods PROTECT him and if you try to get into any argument with him, you will get banned.  Be warned.
    SUNNY3061990
  • Reply 70 of 188
    I have been using Nord VPN, and at first, some how with different IPs they were still catching me, and banning me.  I am not sure how they were doing that with different IPs.  But now, I've been on there for a few weeks with no issues.  It's always Weasel doing the banning though.  He has no life.
    SUNNY3061990
  • Reply 71 of 188
    Yankee said:
    I love Macrumors and have been member since 2015.  Lately I have been in a ugly spat with this mother f**kr macrumors user ”Relentless Power” he is a completely idiot and i believe he lives a miserable life. I have reported this cock s****kr to the administrators many times but they never took action against him. He reported me multiple times and got me banned permanently. He is friend with this idiot weaselboy who banned me for having multiple accounts. 

That guy should have been banned a long time ago.  He is the worst and gets away with a ton of stuff.  The mods PROTECT him and if you try to get into any argument with him, you will get banned.  Be warned.
    atleast someone understands me. I have no idea why weasel is protecting this s**t . He needs to be banned immediately. He break rules every day. But no one is doing anything even the administrators !!!!
    edited January 2018 Yankee
  • Reply 72 of 188
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 329administrator
    Yankee said:
    [..] It's always Weasel doing the banning though.  He has no life.
    Says the guy using a VPN to repeatedly get around a ban? LOL.

Kettle, meet pot.
    gatorguycgWerksTheAppleFairy
  • Reply 73 of 188
    I guess I haven't been around long enough to see what  you all are talking about. But I am both a Microsoft and a apple fan. so I am in the middle when it comes to things like this. I try not to get into arguements but I will defend my products and be helpful as much as I can be.
  • Reply 74 of 188
    jSnively said:
    Yankee said:
    [..] It's always Weasel doing the banning though.  He has no life.
    Says the guy using a VPN to repeatedly get around a ban? LOL.

Kettle, meet pot.
    I never had to before till MR started their bad practices.
    SUNNY3061990
  • Reply 75 of 188
    Some people take the high road and Some take the low. If you’re banned you were for a reason and you should just let it go.
  • Reply 76 of 188
    Atomic77 said:
    Some people take the high road and Some take the low. If you’re banned you were for a reason and you should just let it go.
    Actually most are banned for no reason on that site other than a moderator/admin that likes to hit the BAN button.   There are multiple threads here if you read them, you will see people did nothing wrong and got banned including myself.
    edited January 2018 SUNNY3061990
  • Reply 77 of 188
    Atomic77 said:

I posted screenshots of my 3 warnings that got me banned from PRSI section of MacRumors.  They are quite petty and only someone who is insecure would ban someone over them.  If you haven't seen them go back one page.  That being said, if they give me an all out ban, I am fine with that but when it's something like this they are banning people for I think it should be exposed.

There has to be a reason they refuse to discuss moderation over there, either they know it's bias or they know it will expose their hypocrisy.

Yankee
  • Reply 78 of 188
    Atomic77 said:
    No. They are making it personal. And I 100% agree with yankee. Moderators there enjoy banning people. They are tired and need a vacation. 

I was banned due to this “relentless power ” if you look into his history he is still harassing people there because they don’t share his opinions. 
  • Reply 79 of 188
    maxitmaxit Posts: 214member
    I’ve learned that Apple insider, 9to5mac and iMore are better places to have discussions on Apple gears.
    macRumors and their moderators are a joke and an insult.
  • Reply 80 of 188
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,292member
    maxit said:
    I’ve learned that Apple insider, 9to5mac and iMore are better places to have discussions on Apple gears.
    macRumors and their moderators are a joke and an insult.
    Knock on wood, but I've yet to have an issue there. And, I've been in some pretty intense and/or in-depth discussions over the years. It seems other's experiences have been different. I've been moderated more here than there, for the record. (I haven't been banned, but I've had hours worth of discussion just deleted, or whole discussion thread wiped out because someone decided it was getting too political or not on-topic enough, etc.)
    edited January 2018