What MacRumors forum has become lately ...

Comments

• Reply 81 of 171
    Another good forum is iPadforums.net. They are a lot like this site.
    Yankee
  • Reply 82 of 171
    SUNNY3061990SUNNY3061990 Posts: 48unconfirmed, member
    Atomic77 said:
    Some people take the high road and Some take the low. If you’re banned you were for a reason and you should just let it go.

I posted screenshots of my 3 warnings that got me banned from PRSI section of MacRumors.  They are quite petty and only someone who is insecure would ban someone over them.  If you haven't seen them go back one page.  That being said, if they give me an all out ban, I am fine with that but when it's something like this they are banning people for I think it should be exposed.

There has to be a reason they refuse to discuss moderation over there, either they know it's bias or they know it will expose their hypocrisy.

This guy “Weasel” is banning me even if i login with new ip. For sure this guy has no life  >:)
  • Reply 83 of 171
    maxitmaxit Posts: 210member
    cgWerks said:
    maxit said:
    I’ve learned that Apple insider, 9to5mac and iMore are better places to have discussions on Apple gears.
    macRumors and their moderators are a joke and an insult.
    Knock on wood, but I've yet to have an issue there. And, I've been in some pretty intense and/or in-depth discussions over the years. It seems other's experiences have been different. I've been moderated more here than there, for the record. (I haven't been banned, but I've had hours worth of discussion just deleted, or whole discussion thread wiped out because someone decided it was getting too political or not on-topic enough, etc.)
    First time you enter a discussion with a moderator, you basically are done.
    MacRumors is a nest of haters, it is quite easy to get pissed off about resident trolls and serial complainers.
  • Reply 84 of 171
    FlappoFlappo Posts: 6unconfirmed, member
    Got banned again by for no reason I can think of

That place is a joke
  • Reply 85 of 171
    Flappo said:
    Got banned again by for no reason I can think of

That place is a joke
    I too got banned again today???!!!!! :s

Anyway who banned you??
    edited January 2018
  • Reply 86 of 171
    Atomic77 said:
    Some people take the high road and Some take the low. If you’re banned you were for a reason and you should just let it go.
    No. They are making it personal. And I 100% agree with yankee. Moderators there enjoy banning people. They are tired and need a vacation. 

I was banned due to this “relentless power ” if you look into his history he is still harassing people there because they don’t share his opinions. 
    Yep, and he gets away with so much crap that people who have been banned for he hasn't been.  
    SUNNY3061990
  • Reply 87 of 171
    Yankee said:
    Atomic77 said:
    No. They are making it personal. And I 100% agree with yankee. Moderators there enjoy banning people. They are tired and need a vacation. 

I was banned due to this “relentless power ” if you look into his history he is still harassing people there because they don’t share his opinions. 
    Yep, and he gets away with so much crap that people who have been banned for he hasn't been.  
    Two members got banned recently due to this piece of s**t. 
  • Reply 88 of 171
    Weaselboy is a vindictive little punk. Been having a bit of fun with him, he was all lovey dovey enjoying the attention, then suddenly realized that he was the one being called a childish loser. 

He actually liked the post he banned me for! Hilarious.

Who needs Macrumors, the place is a cesspool. Eventually it will be taken down, people are sick of the hate. 
  • Reply 89 of 171
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 1,893member
    Could you folks be pushing the boundaries a bit too much and maybe poking the weasel?

As I've said several times above, I've been in pretty darn heated debates there, I've been in political discussions that would have been banned/deleted here, etc. I think I've had one notice (to cool down a bit), and another about how to properly multi-quote over the many years. I'm not trying to say one place or the other is better, but in reading this thread... a number of common points just leap off the web-page.
  • Reply 90 of 171
    cgWerks said:
    Could you folks be pushing the boundaries a bit too much and maybe poking the weasel?
    Go have a conversation with “Relentless Power “ There
  • Reply 91 of 171
    cgWerks said:

As I've said several times above, I've been in pretty darn heated debates there, I've been in political discussions that would have been banned/deleted here, etc. I think I've had one notice (to cool down a bit), and another about how to properly multi-quote over the many years. I'm not trying to say one place or the other is better, but in reading this thread... a number of common points just leap off the web-page.
    Go back to my post (reply 49 on page 3 of this thread).....Have you said anything has terrible as me?  You can clearly see exactly why I was banned right there.
  • Reply 92 of 171
    RV8RV8 Posts: 7member
    cgWerks said:

No, my sins were completely administrative in nature.  Weaselboy is on a power trip based on whether he agrees or disagrees with you politically. He’s like Nurse Ratchet, coupled with some sort of student social justice monitor that hands out cards for freshman using proper gender neutral nomenclature. Never heard a word from the rest of the mods on anything. He has to be in high school. No question that being a moderator is the highlight of his life.

• Reply 93 of 171
    TheAppleFairy said:
    Go back to my post (reply 49 on page 3 of this thread).....Have you said anything has terrible as me?  You can clearly see exactly why I was banned right there.
    RV8 said:
    No, my sins were completely administrative in nature.  Weaselboy is on a power trip based on whether he agrees or disagrees with you politically. He’s like Nurse Ratchet, coupled with some sort of student social justice monitor that hands out cards for freshman using proper gender neutral nomenclature. Never heard a word from the rest of the mods on anything. He has to be in high school. No question that being a moderator is the highlight of his life.
    Sorry... wasn't referring to you guys then. But, a bunch of people jumped in here when I started monitoring this thread, filled with foul language and ranting. I was like, yea, I can see why you got banned, if that's how you acted. :)

But, I think you guys missed the unwritten rule (and increasingly written!) that if you disagree with people these days, that can be considered hurtful. And, while conservatives can be pretty nasty and dish out a bunch of stuff (as can liberals), it's often the liberals that start working to get the disagreement banned. So, in WeaselBoy's mind, it's probably: I don't like that -> that offends me -> that's hurtful -> ban it.

Unfortunately, that seems where the whole 'West' is rapidly headed. The only question I have at this point, is if we're skidding towards the cliff, or if we've already fallen off and are just awaiting the crash on the jagged rocks. :(
  • Reply 94 of 171
    cgWerks said:
    Sorry... wasn't referring to you guys then. But, a bunch of people jumped in here when I started monitoring this thread, filled with foul language and ranting. I was like, yea, I can see why you got banned, if that's how you acted. :)
    You sound similar to “Relentless Power ” and if you don’t believe me go check this guys history. He’s the biggest troll over there . Mods protect him. 

I really wish he die with Cancer
    edited February 2018
  • Reply 95 of 171
    SUNNY3061990 said:
    You sound similar to “Relentless Power ” and if you don’t believe me go check this guys history. He’s the biggest troll over there . Mods protect him. 

I really wish he die with Cancer
    ^^^
    I think I've probably run into that user, as well as Weaselboy a number of times over the years.
    I don't think anyone is protecting me. All I can say, I guess, is that sometimes it pays not to be an a-hole.
    TheAppleFairy
  • Reply 96 of 171
    cgWerks said:
    ^^^
    I think I've probably run into that user, as well as Weaselboy a number of times over the years.
    I don't think anyone is protecting me. All I can say, I guess, is that sometimes it pays not to be an a-hole.
    Once you disagree with R.P you are done! Mod note and banned for life? Really because we don’t share his point of view? Or didn’t upvote his silly posts?

trust me I’ve tracked this user from his beginning. And I have seen a lot of people banned who try’s to **** with him. His every post sounds like angry Jedi . 

And if you think I’m such an ***hole, my username was Sunny1990. You can check my history!

edited February 2018
  • Reply 97 of 171
    cgWerks said:
    ^^^
    Once you disagree with R.P you are done! Mod note and banned for life? Really because we don’t share his point of view? Or didn’t upvote his silly posts?

trust me I’ve tracked this user from his beginning. And I have seen a lot of people banned who try’s to **** with him. His every post sounds like angry Jedi . 

And if you think I’m such an ***hole, my username was Sunny1990. You can check my history!

Hey, I'm completely with you all on it not being right to get banned simply for disagreement of opinion with a mod. And, as far as that is the case, we're in agreement.
    But, when I see people using a lot of bad language, or making comments like your cancer one, or such, I can see why - if that kind of behavior was exhibited there - you're giving them an excuse to ban you. If you keep that kind of stuff in check, then they'll have to ban you on their bias alone, which makes it harder for them to come out of it looking OK.

They might still do it, but at least it makes it a bit harder or more obvious. Also, I'm used it. In my other life, I work as a Christian apologist, and if you make - even nice, reasoned, super-polite, etc. - comments that don't fit the narrative on comments areas that typically hold an opposing position (i.e.: MSM, atheist/skeptic blogs, even liberal-Christian blogs), it's quite typical to get posts deleted or banned, *especially* if the points made were strong counters to the points in the article. It *really* sucks when moderation is used to keep it looking like the author can't possibly be wrong.
    TheAppleFairySUNNY3061990
  • Reply 98 of 171
    RV8RV8 Posts: 7member
    Macrumours is idiotic for keeping their PSRI section open. They are open for liability, turning off customers, creating hate for no reason whatsoever. I've never seen another forum like it, apart from the polarized political forums. What it is doing on a technology forum is beyond the pale. It's toxic and to be avoided.

That said, it appears that Weaselboy is quite afraid of it closing, because he would lose his platform for is little power trip. The entire thing is beyond pathetic. 

Their shortsightedness is opportunity for other, more professional sources. 

Again, I never had any contact with RP or conflict with other users. Weaselbreath banned more for trite violations, like making a single word reply (I said "Agree!"), and he did so with an infantile reprimand worthy of a pre-school teacher scolding a toddler. I guess, as referenced above, this is the new world oozing out from college campuses. The kid wouldn't last two seconds in the competitive business world. 
    edited February 2018 SUNNY3061990
  • Reply 99 of 171
    RV8 said:
    Macrumours is idiotic for keeping their PSRI section open. They are open for liability, turning off customers, creating hate for no reason whatsoever.
    Well, pretty much anything is open for liabilities these days now that the big-toddlers seem to be in control of the courts (or invent their own kangaroo courts).

RV8 said:
    I guess, as referenced above, this is the new world oozing out from college campuses. The kid wouldn't last two seconds in the competitive business world. 
    Or, they turn the world into one big safe-space to accommodate their needs.
  • Reply 100 of 171
    cgWerks said:
    TheAppleFairy said:
    RV8 said:

But, I think you guys missed the unwritten rule (and increasingly written!) that if you disagree with people these days, that can be considered hurtful. And, while conservatives can be pretty nasty and dish out a bunch of stuff (as can liberals), it's often the liberals that start working to get the disagreement banned. So, in WeaselBoy's mind, it's probably: I don't like that -> that offends me -> that's hurtful -> ban it.

Unfortunately, that seems where the whole 'West' is rapidly headed. The only question I have at this point, is if we're skidding towards the cliff, or if we've already fallen off and are just awaiting the crash on the jagged rocks. :(
    That being said looks like I can re-apply to get access back in a year according to their rules.  I hope when I apply someone sees what they are banning people for.