Razormaid has more feedback.

Posted:
in Feedback
This discussion was created from comments split from: Apple adds shuffle option for custom Apple Music playlists on Apple TV.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    No pinch and zoom or "turn device sideways for larger text view" on comments forum?

(Sorry, I brought this topic up in the "wrap up for the week" article, but I thought if people like me don't need to read it because we read all the original topics posted during the week, this topic won't be seen either).

Pinch and zoom gone in the forum??  There.. That's my topic. Skip over this is this is NOT an issue for you and the new non adjustable "4 point size" font that's non adjustable is NOT and issue with you when reading or writing in the comments section now in the new layout. For you guys that think it's fine "Move on nothing to see here" (oh I made a pun, get it? Nothing to "see" here as in literally I can't see it HA!)

that said, I know that it must have taking hundreds and hundreds of hours and then testing to get the new forum and comments sections moved, up and running, but for an apple site that deals exclusively with apple issues and apple product to leave off the most basic of Apple features "pinch and zoom" that seems idiotic to me.

Does no one else have a problem with the unadjustable size on their iPhone? Seriously? It's so small I have to squint. And turning the phone doesn't adjust the screen size to wrap the text making it bigger, it actually just keeps it exactly the same but the window width is wider - it does nothing to assit in seeing it bigger like it did before.  

If someone has figured out a work around (and please don't tell me a work around would be "stop signing into this forum", that's not helping at all but I can see that coming a mile away).  Anything constructive I would really appreciate it, because I click on this site 5-7 times a day just to get the pulse of others.

8 years ago I had my eye doctor switch my contact lenses perscription away from 20/20 vision (which was 5.0 in each eye) to "perfect at 18 inches" (yes they actually have a different chart for that which is great!). That's because everything I do all day long is on a computer so actually 18 inches should be my 20/20 at 18 inches. Since then I wear 3.5 in one eye, 4.0 in the other and can see not only things on the computer with ease, but oddly enough I didn't loose much on far away either. Hell I can read the street signs down the street long before anyone else in the car and they have 20/20 vision! Lol

If someone can please explain why MacRumours, 9 to 5 Mac and all the others and have a "pinch to zoom" forum and article option when using the mobile version of their site, but a site who has the word "Apple" in their name can not, I would appreciate knowing And if anyone can give me a ligeitimate work around other than stop coming here - that would be appreciated as well

Joseph

PS.  What happened to the ablity to make corrections to what you post??  Sometime Siri goes heywire and spits out stuff that I didn't say and because the entry window was sooooooo small, I couldnt catch it until it posted where THEN in could "pinch and zoom" it larger, see the error, then click the pencil icon to correct it.  Does anyone know how or where to go to make spelling or "Siri created" corrections?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    razormaid said:
    No pinch and zoom or "turn device sideways for larger text view" on comments forum?

(Sorry, I brought this topic up in the "wrap up for the week" article, but I thought if people like me don't need to read it because we read all the original topics posted during the week, this topic won't be seen either).

Pinch and zoom gone in the forum??  There.. That's my topic. Skip over this is this is NOT an issue for you and the n

Joseph

PS.  What happened to the ablity to make corrections to what you post??  Sometime Siri goes heywire and spits out stuff that I didn't say and because the entry window was sooooooo small, I couldnt catch it until it posted where THEN in could "pinch and zoom" it larger, see the error, then click the pencil icon to correct it.  Does anyone know how or where to go to make spelling or "Siri created" corrections?
    You can edit posts no issue (just editing the post to say, it's the cog icon top right of the post) when I turn my iPad, the text is larger. Pinch and zoom works fine. Siri doesn't create anything, if auto correct annoys you, simply turn it off in your keyboard settings.
    edited December 2015
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    Moved from an off-topic thread.
This discussion has been closed.