accessing email on server

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2016
Is there a way to access email on the server from a client computer? I'd like to see the emails from the client, but I don't want to download the same emails on both computers. 

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    If no one knows a way to access MacMail on a second computer, can someone tell me how to word a google search to find an answer. However I've worded the question, I get umpteen answers that don't match my query. 

With Macs in millions of homes and offices, It's hard to believe that no one else has had this problem.  Either download the same mail on more than one computer or use sneaker ware to access it. 

Thanks
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Since there has been no response to my query, I'm assuming that no one on AI can tell me how to access MacMail on a shared computer,  

Now I'm trying to find out how to access Contacts on a shared computer?   Surely someone out there in the Mac world would like to or has tried to access MacMail or Contacts on a shared computer; however, I can't seem to find an answer by googling.

So now, I'm asking AI if anyone here can tell me how to access Contacts on a shared computer.  I can access apps, files,  folders, etc.   So what's the secret to accessing Contacts? 

Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    So it never occurred to you that the answer to your question is dependent on the type of server that hosts your email account. 
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 4 of 4

mr. me said:
    So it never occurred to you that the answer to your question is dependent on the type of server that hosts your email account. 
    I apologize for offending your sensibilities. 

No, that hadn't occurred to me. I suppose I'm technically challenged. I'm 85, a college English professor - not a computer engineer. I'm lucky I can find the on/off switch. 
    If memory serves, AI advises members to be 'nice' to those less fortunate in computer knowledge. 

I depend on AI members to answer questions on issues that completely baffle me.  Hopefully, without those AI members being snarky.  

My computers are linked by a router and electrical house wiring.  I figured I'm accessing files, folders, and such through that system. What's the difference between shared computers vs. server & clients? Why can I see my files on the shared computer but not Mail or Contacts?