Latest iMovie for Mac update fixes YouTube sharing, image adjustment issues

Posted:
in Mac Software
Following the release of OS X 10.11.3 on Tuesday, Apple released the latest version of its iMovie consumer level video editing app with fixes for issues related to YouTube sharing, image adjustments and more.

iMovie version 10.1.1 resolves an issue that prevented users with multiple YouTube accounts from signing in and sharing to the Internet video service. An issue that prevented users from applying white balance adjustments to clips prior to export has also been addressed.

Other bug resolutions include proper playback of Sony XAVC S clips captured at 100fps or 120fps, as well as an issue that could lead to the incorrect display of still images. A file handling enhancement now copies clips when dragged from the Project Media container to an event folder. Previously, dragging and dropping would trigger a move operation.

As usual, the update also includes various unnamed stability improvements.

Today's point update comes three months after version 10.1 added support for editing and sharing 4K video files and 1080p clips captured at 60fps, both of which are features of Apple's flagship iPhone 6s and 6s Plus handsets.

For existing users, iMovie for Mac version 10.1.1 is available now as a free 2.02GB download from the Mac App Store. The app is priced at $14.99 for new customers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Why isn't this free?

Garage Band should cost money, it's a well featured, incredibly wide and deep product.

iMovie is, by any comparison, an embarrassment. 

• Reply 2 of 3
    Deeeds said:
    Why isn't this free?

Garage Band should cost money, it's a well featured, incredibly wide and deep product.

iMovie is, by any comparison, an embarrassment. 

Deeeds, what exactly are you struggling with? I've used every new version of iMove since year 2000. I also teach iMovie on occasion. And I certainly have not been overjoyed every time a new version came out. But I'm very happy with the latest version. It's hard to imagine an easier to use video editing program. iMovie is, by any thoughtful comparison, the best video editing program in the world for hobbyists who want the best mix of features, simplicity and ease of use. It's also rock solid as far as I can tell. It's not perfect, of course, but far from embarrassing.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I was one who held out with Snow Leopard till there was no way to continue. Online videos weren't playing or they had no sound so I upgraded to El Capitan a week ago. The switch was horrible as far as imovie goes. I haven't even downloaded the current iMovie version yet but Apple found a way to mess with my old one till I do. I had an almost finished video for a client, but all the graphics and pictures in it disappeared, as well as all photos in iPhoto to the media folder. Can't even bring in new pics or graphics and some video effects are now blacked out as well as the 'special fonts'I use to have for titling is also gone and the Picture in Picture ability is no more, among other things. Thoroughly frustrated and flabbergasted.