Adorama "Existing Customer" error can be satisfied by a small purchase

Posted:
in General Discussion
FYI- 
I was following the AppleInsider links and instructions to try to buy a new iMac. I created a VIP account, followed the links with cookies on, etc. Every time I did so, I tried to add the system to my cart and get the error that the deal was only for existing Adorama customers. Tried with multiple browsers, logged out of Adorama, logged back in, etc. 

Sent an email to Adorama last night and then talked to chat this morning. They said I could order over chat or over the phone to get around that error, but I was afraid the AppleInsider discount wouldn't work. The chat agent DID confirm that it should work once I make another purchase, and that it won't throw up some other error, which is what I was afraid of.

Anyway, I ordered a 2-pack of DVD-Rs for ~$2 and a few dollars shipping, came to $6.50, figured it was worth the risk and hopefully I could cancel if the computer purchase didn't work.

Sure enough, I was immediately able to add the iMac to my cart, and apply the APINSIDER discount code, and the purchase went great. So, if you're having this issue and worried about a neverending series of roadblocks, don't be.

Thanks to AppleInsider's price guide and discount codes, I saved quite a bit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    reidconti said:
    FYI- 
    I was following the AppleInsider links and instructions to try to buy a new iMac. I created a VIP account, followed the links with cookies on, etc. Every time I did so, I tried to add the system to my cart and get the error that the deal was only for existing Adorama customers. Tried with multiple browsers, logged out of Adorama, logged back in, etc. 

Sent an email to Adorama last night and then talked to chat this morning. They said I could order over chat or over the phone to get around that error, but I was afraid the AppleInsider discount wouldn't work. The chat agent DID confirm that it should work once I make another purchase, and that it won't throw up some other error, which is what I was afraid of.

Anyway, I ordered a 2-pack of DVD-Rs for ~$2 and a few dollars shipping, came to $6.50, figured it was worth the risk and hopefully I could cancel if the computer purchase didn't work.

Sure enough, I was immediately able to add the iMac to my cart, and apply the APINSIDER discount code, and the purchase went great. So, if you're having this issue and worried about a neverending series of roadblocks, don't be.

Thanks to AppleInsider's price guide and discount codes, I saved quite a bit.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I'd like to get our web team to look into this - can you please email me: [email protected] with details of the browser and operating system you were using, also the date and time you experienced the problem.

thank you!

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera