Apple takes on new PR rep for video content as former PR exec heads to Twitter

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple on Monday hired a former VP at AMC, Bernadette Simpao, to take charge of its PR efforts for apps and content on the Apple TV, along with several categories of iTunes media. Separately, Twitter officially hired former Apple PR executive Natalie Kerris to head its global communications team.

Bernadette Simpao
Bernadette Simpao

In addition to the Apple TV, Simpao will also be dealing with apps, books, video, and podcasts on iTunes, Variety reported. Her portfolio notably excludes music, which outside of apps is believed to be the biggest revenue generator for iTunes.

Simpao only joined AMC in Sept. 2014. Previously she spent 10 years in different roles at Viacom, including a stint as the senior director of communications for Viacom International Media Networks.

Apple is rumored to be working on a streaming TV service which could launch as soon as September, possibly featuring exclusive shows to lure in subscribers. Some recent reports have thrown a wet blanket on the possibility, including a comment from CBS chief Les Moonves that his network is no longer in talks with Apple.

Natalie Kerris
Natalie Kerris

Kerris' new position was announced by Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey. She originally left Apple in April 2015 and was expected to retire, but in recent months was reportedly courted by Twitter executives looking to replace Gabriel Stricker.

Kerris spent 14 years at Apple, and was deeply involved in the company's PR campaigns for major products including iPhones, iPads, and the Apple Watch.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    I want a job in Apple's PR department.  Gotta be the easiest job on Earth.  

Repeat after me,

Apple from time to time buys companies with technology that fits into our plans.

No comment.  

That's an area I'm not going to talk about.

Apple cares deeply about the environment and if that doesn't suit you, we're happy to buy back your shares at today's price.

• Reply 2 of 2
    Is that Deanna Monroe from the Walking Dead? 
    cornchipbradipao