El Capitan desktop

Posted:
in Genius Bar
I just upgraded two computers to El Capitan. It took a minimum of effort, and I haven't had any problems except for the desktop.  White lettering of files and folders against the light skyline is difficult for me to read. However, white lettering against the darker mountains is very easy to read.  

Does anyone have a suggestion to make it easier to read white type against the skyline? I've googled my problem with no results. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I know what you mean. Sadly, I don’t think it gets any better than this. None of the Accessibility options modify the contrast of Desktop text.

Hey, why is the Desktop in white text and everything else in black? Because you’re assumed to be using a multi-color image there, I guess, but you can do the same to any Finder folder.
    edited April 2016
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    I know what you mean. Sadly, I don’t think it gets any better than this. None of the Accessibility options modify the contrast of Desktop text.

Hey, why is the Desktop in white text and everything else in black? Because you’re assumed to be using a multi-color image there, I guess, but you can do the same to any Finder folder.
    Thanx, I changed the desktop to a 'night sky'; however, I'll miss the El Capitan colors. 
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    I went further. I made a folder called D/T (DeskTop) and put all folders and files in it. Then changed to 'Snap to Grid' and put the D/T at the bottom right. It'll take one more step to open a desk top file or folder, but other than that one folder, my desk top is clean.  I don't know how true it is, but I read somewhere that the desk top should be clean to save resources.  I don't know whether having all files and folders in one folder accomplishes that or if it's the same as spread all over the desk top. Anyway, it looks good.