www.northgate.com

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anybody looked at this site lately. If not please do. Why has apple not sued them or something. I particularly love the X-Book with it's titanium paintjob. Or the Integra, which according to the press release, is competition for the imac and emac. Oh my it's just like emachines all over again.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by spacemonkey:

<strong>Has anybody looked at this site lately. If not please do. Why has apple not sued them or something. I particularly love the X-Book with it's titanium paintjob. Or the Integra, which according to the press release, is competition for the imac and emac. Oh my it's just like emachines all over again.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't see how Apple can sue them. The design is too different, i don't think that this company is a big threat for Apple. Apple just need better chips ...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    patchoulipatchouli Posts: 402member
    Exactly why would Apple sue this company?! Their products look absolutely nothing like Apple's, the names of their products are different and there are no other similarities even worth mentioning. I personally have never even heard of this company. They will not even be a threat to fellow PC makers let alone a threat to Apple. This is just another one of those little shitty PC companies out there. I use PCs and would not do business with them. Their all-in-one isn't bad (for the price) for a young kid's room or a kitchen, but not for me. There are nice, well made and attractive PCs out there, so I don't see Northgate being a threat to anyone.

[ 08-01-2002: Message edited by: Patchouli ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 3
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Umm... none of those computers look anything like Apple's computers. Is every computer with a built in 15" LCD automatically stepping on the iMac's copyright? No. If it had a dome and a pivoting arm, then Apple may be able to sue. But there's nothing there that seems to be copying Apple.