Moved: Apple PDA

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Now, there seem to be a few people around here who are smoking way too much crack and think that apple is going to release a PDA "any time now". Well, I think you need to face up to the fact that this is not going to happen. Apple has said it many times, they just don't want to get into such a cut-throat market with small margins.

But... I had an idea. I don't know if it's been mentioned in other threads already:

What if Apple developed a cut down OS X that could run on Pocket PC hardware, and an even more cut down version to run on Palm-type hardware, and license them? That way there's no small margins, no hardware development costs, and provides much needed competition to Winblows CE or whatever it's called now.

So good idea? Bad idea? Mad idea?

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: Jamie ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    To the mods:

Before you move this to "digital hub" this thread is meant to be more about licensing issues and a cut-down OS X than PDA hardware. Maybe it should go in the OS X forum? Anyway, I thought general discussion was the best place for it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Pocket PC discussion also belongs in the Digital Hub forum, as does discussion of "Mac OS X Lite for PDAs".

If I could move this, I would.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Moving to Digital Hub...