AppleInsider podcast talks iOS 10 beta 2, Lightning headphones, 'iPhone 7' rumors

Posted:
in General Discussion edited July 2016
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Neil and Victor discuss the latest updates found in iOS 10 beta 2. They also wrap up all the current "iPhone 7" rumors, discuss the current state of Lightning-connected headphones, and talk about the new Mac malware (and why you don't need to worry too much about it).

AppleInsider editors Nei Hughes and Victor Marks wrap up the latest in betas and rumors:

• Apple's beta 2 of iOS 10
  • Apple Health now makes it easy to register as an organ donor
  • iPhone rumor: 32GB will be the minimum storage capacity model in the future
  • Daniel Eran Dilger's editorial on what will be new in the 'iPhone 7'
  • CAD renderings support the iPhone rumors
  • Mikey's Audeze lightning headphones review
  • Mac malware vs. Apple's Gatekeeper
  • Mobile Passport: how to skip the long line at Customs in the airport

The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.

Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:

The show is also available on Stitcher Radio.

Show note links:

Follow our hosts on Twitter: @thisisneil and @vmarks.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    TurboPGTTurboPGT Posts: 355member
    Good grief, get over it Neil.

They will ship Lightning headphones with the iPhone. End of discussion. 

They did not need to flood the market with Lightning headphones for a year or more prior (what an absurd suggestion).

All they needed to do was flood the market with Lighting iPhones for a few years (install base 1 billion). 
    edited July 2016
  • Reply 2 of 5
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    Noel, 
        I agree with you on lightening headphones.   A lot of people will be pissed if they have to pay for expensive adapters to use their existing headphones.  
    Havining just spent a lot on Bose niose canceling head phones a few months ago my upgrade options will be limited to the SE.

Apple could be creating their own "New Coke" moment.   Not a good thing when sales are already down.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    d4comd4com Posts: 1member
    I purchased some Decibullz from eBay for £40 and they are AWESOME! it did take me two try to get the holding right though to get the seal. I use these with my Apple earbud style headphones for the train etc. and i have a pair of J-Bird Bluebirds X with Comply tips for the gym with are by far my favourite headphones!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    TurboPGT said:
    Good grief, get over it Neil.

They will ship Lightning headphones with the iPhone. End of discussion. 

They did not need to flood the market with Lightning headphones for a year or more prior (what an absurd suggestion).

All they needed to do was flood the market with Lighting iPhones for a few years (install base 1 billion). 
    A bit unnecessarily harsh, (sign of the times, I guess), but I take your point.

I agree, in that, I remember the complaints about the iMac screen being glass w/ too much reflection...or iPhone batteries not being replaceable to name just two. This seems more of the same to me.

I think Apple is moving the iPhone to no physical connections, ports, or external buttons. It will make it waterproof, all glass and rather unique. As far as charging, I think the iPhone will be charged similar to the AppleWatch. Then all glass iPads, MB's and MBP's and lastly the iMacs.

Best.

P.S. Always, enjoy the Podcast guys...Neil and Victor are developing quite a rapport... I miss Shane's snarkiness - In good way! :)
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dmatdmat Posts: 2member
    Anyone remember all the complaints about the 16Gb to 32Gb upgrade being too expensive? Now 16 isn't enough, and in September 32 to 64 will be too expensive! I mean, I get it, I want Apple to give me a 256Gb iPhone for the price of a 64Gb too... and they could totally afford it... but Apple will not race to the bottom (they don't need the competitive advantage and the 90s showed them that it doesn't work anyway!). Do I wish Apple did everything that I want them to do? Of course! Would they be successful... probably (definitely!) not. ;)