Think Secret nails it

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
You know i have to admit in the past months, looking at all the rumor sites, I must say the only one ive come to trust 100% is ThinkSecret.com.

They nailed the Powermac announcement, as well as all the others that come to mind.

[quote] It is expected the new models will include speed-bumps to at least 1.2GHz and a new motherboard design. Sources have squashed for good any rumor that USB 2.0 will be part of the new professional systems. It is also expected that once the new systems ship (which might not be immediately after August 13), they will ship with Mac OS X version 10.2. <hr></blockquote>

This was posted OVER A MONTH AGO. Rather than listen to rampant speculation from other sites, i think im going to stick with ThinkSecret for my future apple "rumors"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    they have some really good srcs. i haven't followed them for long, but for when i have, they have been quite on target. it's uncanny.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Before I owned a Mac I used to follow those rumor sites like no other and now that I own a Mac I don't think I have read any thing on those sites!! Kind of weird, I guess I just want to hear it from the horses mouth first.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Yes, they've been doing great.

I was a little suspicious though about how they came out with their PowerMac predictions yesterday right around the time (just after?) MacMinute posted theirs. And MacMinute was on the money (e.g., 1.25 Ghz, which implied the 166 mobo) while ThinkSecret punted and said 1.2 Ghz.

MacMinute always seems first and right-on in the day-before scoops.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    yeah and they were only off by 50MHz on the top end... Although that 50MHz means they didn't anticipate the 166MHz bus at all.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    max8319max8319 Posts: 347member
    about half of the rumor sites got the new powermac specs right

i only halfway trust them....but i REALLY REALLY like their JAGUAR coverage.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Keep in mind that they also nailed everything about the MWNY keynote except for iCal and iSync.

Also, if I remember correctly they were right about MWSF as well, and the Xserve coming, etc.